Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Pull the trigger? 2/4

Hero BB with 900, villian SB with 850 and is reasonable but has leaks, check calls too much (vs check raising), can put too much in preflop with bad holdings and so on.

Table folds to SB who completes, Hero raises to 16 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB calls.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (32)

SB checks, Hero bets 25, Vilian calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 82)

SB bets 48, Hero raises to 145, SB thinks for a few seconds then calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot = 370) we have about 600 effective behind.

SB checks quickly, Hero?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Pull the trigger? 2/4

I doubt SB folds this river after calling the turn raise and your read 'calls too much'. why do we try to bluff people who 'call too much"? that type of leak in their game we exploit other ways.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:46 PM

I would fold the turn 100%, u have no outs and can surely find a better spot against a callingstation.

In this case you were the one putting in a lot of chips with a bad holding.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:46 PM

Well.. if your going to take the line you took, then yes you should bet about 200-250 on this river. However you mention this guy check/calls to much.

The way this plays out, Villain has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Calls your c-bet, and catches his FD on the turn, which would signify his donk bet. You showed aggression, which would explain the pause in his calling. The 2 couldnt of helped him, therefore a River bet would be warranted.

However.. the question then becomes whether he check/calls enough of the time to call here with his pair.

(This would be my read on this hand at least...)
Old 08-19-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt SB folds this river after calling the turn raise and your read 'calls too much'. why do we try to bluff people who 'call too much"? that type of leak in their game we exploit other ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Don't bluff the friggin' calling stations. Anyway, you said he is a reasonable player, so what is he calling your turn raise with? I think it's time to give up and value-bet this guy to death when you actually have a hand. (If you showdown now with ace high, this sets up a great opportunity for you for future hands with this player).
Old 08-19-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well.. if your going to take the line you took, then yes you should bet about 200-250 on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does a turn bluff raise neccesitate a river bluff? I villain's turn call narrows his range to hands that can call a big river bet.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well.. if your going to take the line you took, then yes you should bet about 200-250 on this river. However you mention this guy check/calls to much.

The way this plays out, Villain has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Calls your c-bet, and catches his FD on the turn, which would signify his donk bet. You showed aggression, which would explain the pause in his calling. The 2 couldnt of helped him, therefore a River bet would be warranted.

However.. the question then becomes whether he check/calls enough of the time to call here with his pair.

(This would be my read on this hand at least...)

[/ QUOTE ]

This analysis is perfect. He did indeed have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the one pair, and I wasnt fast enough to read his range which was probably J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], possibly J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I actually think he calls with a pair of jacks a minority of the time I bet, but I think he folds those 80% of the time or so, I think I should have bet.