Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 02:05 PM

Default I got pozzed

I'm playing a live 20/40 HU cashament against someone that posts occassionally on 2+2 and that a lot of the ballers here know and have played against in San Diego/Vegas. He might be better than me at HU, luckily we have a nice friendly game going where on my button I get the option of us going 5 bets preflop without him looking and on his button he raises without looking. So naturally I'm losing when this hand comes up.

I'm in BB and defend with 8s5s.
Flop T67r
I c/r since a straight draw + pair draw must be a favorite over nothing, he looks and calls. At this point I think he puts me on a pair because I've been playing relatively straightforward up to now after the flop. Given this, I think that he must have a pair or a picture+gutshot that he may fold on the turn.

Turn is a 3.
He check/calls. At this point I'm assuming that he can beat a 6 because I think he might actually fold a 6 here against me. I've decided to check behind the river if I miss because if he can call the turn he's calling the river.

River J.
Check/check.

94o wins at showdown, hilarity ensues.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: I got pozzed

bet the river
Old 08-19-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprisingly, this seemed like a very good idea after 94 off suit won at showdown.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:12 PM

It is also a good idea when you have 8 high on the river and its probable that your opponent has jack [censored].
Old 08-19-2006, 04:35 PM

Did you run really hot last month or something? I see all these posts about you playing 10/20 HORSE and now 20/40 HU against crazy mike.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you run really hot last month or something? I see all these posts about you playing 10/20 HORSE and now 20/40 HU against crazy mike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, I was just a puss about playing/moving up before. I'm not rolled for 20/40 HU vs Mike but I only had like $1500 on me plus what I won at 8/16 so if he BUSTOed me it wasn't a big deal. My br is only like 13-14k, but that's definitely enough for me to feel comfortable at 10/20 HORSE and up to 15/30 Stud 8 since the games are really easy and not that aggressive. For Holdem online I'm still only playing 5/10 on Party since I can't even beat it. It might look like I instantly moved from like 3/6 and 5/10 since I never post much strategy stuff until the HORSE started. SSSH forum is terrible, so I don't really see a point in posting a hand and either getting stupid replies that are results oriented based on how I word my title or 10 "standard" replies. But with HORSE my non Holdem/Stud 8 games are rusty/bad so I figured I'd try posting actual hands instead of retarded stuff here in BBV.