Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the list

[ QUOTE ]
dropped by Bellagio Thursday to ask about the ongoing list problem with some of their floorpeople

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think that they view this as a problem.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the list

Barry,

While it is certainly possible that you are correct about Bellagio not thinking that this is a problem, I think it is more likely that they hope this controversy eventually goes away, which it will not. I am told that many players have complained about how some of their floormen play around with the waiting list. Time will tell whether player complaints become more important to Bellagio than allowing some of their floormen to take money for seats.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the

Please you are your 3 accounts shut up. Getting preferential treatment in vegas through the use of tipping is not news to anyone.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Obsidian and his buddys' (his other accounts?) acceptance of paying off as just "preferential treatment" and "not news to anyone" is a sad rationale for willingly taking advantage of other players. As others have asked, what will a player do when someday he gets a "bad decision" from a floorman and then later finds out that the other player tips more than he does? Once payoffs become acceptable it only gets worse.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As others have asked, what will a player do when someday he gets a "bad decision" from a floorman and then later finds out that the other player tips more than he does? Once payoffs become acceptable it only gets worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, I have played quite a bit at the Bellagio, witnessesed quite a few floor decisions and can say that any bias in the decisions has been towards the "tourists". On more than 1 occasion the nuts has been on board and they ruled that a player who had mucked his cards at the showdown was awarded his share of the pot, which infuriated a "regular".

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is more likely that they hope this controversy eventually goes away, which it will not

[/ QUOTE ]

I also don't think that they view this as much of a controversy either. More like the mosquito on an elephant.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:36 PM

I believe that you are very correct that THEY do not think this is a problem.

I have only played at Bellagio maybe 10 times. You have more experience there than I do. My original post was the result of several players openly complaining at my table of being shafted on the list by those bribing the floorman. I then asked several locals about this and everyone was aware this was going on and by whom.

But you raise a very good point.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:50 PM

I call [censored]. Don't they have camera's for a reason? It's just like in blackjack when you underbet, or overbet when you win. They can catch you, they are watching...

Seems kind of ridiculous to assume that "misdeal," and "dead hand" if you can just check what the floor manager is looking at?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:00 PM

hm...didn't notice. thought they were all the same poster.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:29 PM

I asked the employee about that and was told that people never ask to look at film unless something major happens. The employee also told me that such arbitrary decisions happen occasionally and many locals believe that the tokes they give to certain floormen helps these particular floormen to "decide" their way when called for a decision.

The example I was told about was clearly a biased and unfair decision and despite the player complaining nothing was done to correct it.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:16 AM

Default Re: How much cash?

I have only played at the bellagio once a while back but I did notice one thing about the list... If your impatient like me and you go to the nearest slot machines you will be skipped.. the night me and two friends went we missed our names twice both times we were in within 30 feet of the room... perhaps we were used to binions where they use a microphone to announce it but just glad we were there on like a tuesday night and the wait was about 5 mintues each time..