Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Party Monster turnys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For each SNG or MTT qualifier (at least 90% of the total qualifiers) they take $50. Only 2000 people will have to qualify through this manner for party to cover the 100K prize and the rest goes into pockets as profit. However, this doesnt take into consideration covering each of the million dollar monthlies

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. Party takes a percentage of the SNG and MTT qualifier prizefunds to fuel the monster prizepool. The remaining money is paid out according to their normal payout structures. The percentage that is reserved for the Monster prize pool varies based on the buy-in cost of the tournament and is not fixed at $50. Higher priced tournaments have a higher percentage paid out to the field and less going to the Monster pool.

None of the money, apart from the normal entry fees, is going into the pockets of Party.

If you're going to post information like this at least take the time to read about it personally and post the correct info.

[/ QUOTE ]

$6 SNG payouts

1st: Monster
Total prize pool $100. Paid in cash: $50. Taken for Monster entry: $50

$11 SNG payouts:

1st: Monster + $25
2nd: $15
3rd: $10
Total prize pool $100. Paid in cash: $50. Taken for Monster entry: $50

$22 SNG payouts
1st: Monster + $75
2nd: $45
3rd: $30
Total prize pool $200. Paid in cash: $150. Taken for Monster entry: $50

$33 SNG payouts
1st: Monster + $124.50
2nd: $74.70
3rd: $49.80
Total prize pool $300. Paid in cash: $249. Taken for Monster entry: $51

MTTs

$5 + $1 70% paid in cash.
$10 + $1 85%
$20 + $2 92%
$30 + $3 95%

When they first started the promo, the MTTs had capped entries such that the percentage they kept (i.e. 30% for the 5+1) was equal to $150, still valuing each weekly entry to $50, and it is painfully more clear with the SNG situation. Now that they are no longer capped. Party is pocketing even more for each entry into the weekly. (e.g. the 5+1 playing right now where they are taking $337 for the three entries.)

With the MTTs you are right, so go ahead flame me if it makes you feel good about yourself. However with the SNGs, you wouldnt be more wrong. Sure party could call it a "percentage" form the SNGs, but with 10 people playing every time, the amount they take will be the same every time, and that amount right now is $50. Yes, I did read, closely. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just arguing semantics here. You basically reiterated my original statement that the higher priced SNGs have a lower percentage of the prize fund reserved for the monster. $5+1 STT retains 100%, $10+1 retains 50%, 22+2 retains 25% and so on and so forth. Oh and the 200+15 retains 2% for a total of $40, completely blowing your statement about a constant $50 fee right out of the water.

I'm not flaming. I'm merely stating the facts.

That fact being that anyone willing to play in these STTs and MTTs for an off chance to qualify at winning a lottery is obviously not a long term winning player who thinks in terms of expected value.

Either that... or a balla who just doesn't give a [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm arguing semantics? And you are not? How can you possibly say thay these SNGs are taking a variable percentage, and are not taking $50? They are not random percentages. The SNGs do not allow a variable number of people, both are fixed. When you fix these you get $50. Your claim is like making the claim that "In a regular 10-person $10SNG at party you dont get $50 for winning, you get 50% of the prize pool." Is that really necessary? 6 of one, half a dozen of the other? Or to you are 6 and half a dozen different?

Oh, and the $215 SNGs. Sure, they only take $40. One problem, they don't exist. The SNG monster qualifiers go up to $55. Check the lobby. To quote someone famous: "If you're going to post information like this at least take the time to read about it personally and post the correct info."

Your claim about playing these SNGs and MTTs for an off chance of qualifying. Is completely random and inappropriate for the discussion here. To qualify in a SNG you need to take first. If for you, winning a SNG is an "off chance", then you probably shouldn't be gambling with your money. Where is the lottery involved here? Top 1K or 2K out of <8K is hardly a lottery.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Party Monster turnys

Uh...the different SNGs are taking a variable percentage, depending on the buy-in. Sure, it always adds up to $50...but for each player, the percentage will still vary.

Going all aggro and flaming about this makes you seem pretty thin-skinned, I'd tone it down a notch...