Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Final Table Hand - Opinions Please

so pf ok - then on the flop blinds check and the only other person in the hand makes it 2/3 pot which just reeks of a steal attempt with air, esp after limping. villain looks at that and says no way and comes over the top in a resteal with prob KT, K9, two clubs, a str8 draw, something - dont see this being a set or two pair with that board or he SHOULD of led - too many draws.

I push this as well not expecting to be called but if i do i think its with a flush draw and maybe top pair
Old 08-18-2006, 11:31 AM

You're getting the odds u need to at least call..
I'd either call or PUSH(putting him to the test)
He's prob Messing with you as he's the next biggest stack and figures u won;t dance with him
Old 08-18-2006, 12:31 PM

One problem that I see is that all of your outs may not be clean. Do you remember exactly what the two clubs were? Namely, was the deuce a club, or was it the 9 and T, offsuit 2? IMO, this affects things quite a bit, as villian could be check-raising you with a pair/flush draw figuring he has the best hand/best draw.

Also, has villian been open-raising PF often, or playing aggressive post-flop more? If he has been playing PF more aggressively than post, I'd tend to discount his aggression a bit more and give him more credit for a hand, because he is showing a ton of strength right now.

Figuring this in, I'm not sure how much I like proceeding with the odds you are being laid (2.65-1, if i'm calcing correctly)

I do agree though that this is either fold or push time. Calling is no good here, you'll set yourself up to be blown out of the pot on the turn if you miss. Your draw wants to see 2 more cards here if you proceed, its the only way you are getting close enough to the right odds.

All said, I think I like a fold here.