Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 02:41 AM

Default TT OP facing donk

Villain is 42/20 over a 1300 sample, W2SD 20%.

No real reads but we can make some generalizations.

1. Even though it's a small sample villain has a reasonable w2sd given his vpip/pfr so that increases the likelyhood he's thinking player.

2. I 3bet fairly light, I haven't at this table yet but if he pays attention/takes notes he probably knows my range isn't only JJ-AA AQs+

3. This is the type of board where 40/20's try to take advantage of tags.

Given this what's the play? I don't really want to stack off here if I can avoid it and I don't want to fold outright here on the flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB ($421)
UTG ($428.20)
MP ($374.50)
CO ($182.56)
Hero ($467)
SB ($100.97)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $35.

Flop: ($106) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $75.22</font>.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:10 AM

Default Re: TT OP facing donk

The play is to call. From there you can do a few things, one of which is bluff raise an ace or king turn for a free showdown. I suspect if villain is a thinking player, he is unlikely to stack off with 9x or 88 here. If blanks such as a 4 or a jack hit, you can continue to call down. Still you yourself should not be so eager to stack off with tt here either. Try a bit of a pot control if villain is smart, like if he checks a blank turn its probably in your interest to sometimes check behind.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 AM

against player described I am looking to get it AI on the flop. I raise here. If I had AA/KK I woudl be more inclined to just call. I also don't understand the action did you check the flop? Since you are first to act I would have either bet called a shove or check raised flop AI.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
against player described I am looking to get it AI on the flop. I raise here. If I had AA/KK I woudl be more inclined to just call. I also don't understand the action did you check the flop? Since you are first to act I would have either bet called a shove or check raised flop AI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 1st to act
Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 AM

I think if you're not pushing here you're better off smooth calling preflop.