Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Stars Chat Warning ???!!!????

I just wanted to say pecker in this thread.

Pecker.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:23 AM

Thanks, I enjoyed that.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:24 AM

Ha ha ha.

Sandra said she enjoyed his pecker!!!

Har har dee hardy har.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find chat such as yours offensive. It is both obscene and a directly aggressive attack on the recipient - neither of which is acceptable behaviour. Your chat has no redeeming feature whatsoever (it's not like you actually said something pithy that readers could enjoy).

It is a sad comment on many societies that such boorishness is tolerated, to the extent that the boor in question (you) even feels aggrieved by a reprimanded.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people like you, so I am frequently forced to put up with. It is, clearly, part of your culture.

Fortunately it is not part of mine.

I applaud the site's stance.

[/ QUOTE ]
"It's called creative use of words."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT6Qe046Vuw
Old 08-16-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
I find chat such as yours offensive. It is both obscene and a directly aggressive attack on the recipient - neither of which is acceptable behaviour. Your chat has no redeeming feature whatsoever (it's not like you actually said something pithy that readers could enjoy).

It is a sad comment on many societies that such boorishness is tolerated, to the extent that the boor in question (you) even feels aggrieved by a reprimanded.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people like you, so I am frequently forced to put up with. It is, clearly, part of your culture.

Fortunately it is not part of mine.

I applaud the site's stance.

Oh puh-lease.

Get over yourself and your grand New Zealand "culture".

You are insulting an entire country in this post for what reason?

Who's the boor?

Jerk. I hope you find this offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake for not being clearer. By "societies" I did not mean all of America. I would have written "America" had I meant that.

Firstly there are many societies/cultures with America. Some have great merit, some (such as those who use such chat) do not.

Secondly, I never gave any thought to whether the OP was American or not. He was simply a member of the international society of little boys with big mouths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, fair enough I suppose.

I do think that we all could stand to lighten up a bit though but obviously people have different sensibilities.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I make awful coments about peoples ugly baby avatars. "Awww, what a cute little pet monkey!"

[/ QUOTE ]Was this you? I don't even remember how I came across this picture, but I have it bookmarked for a good laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx...This has been a long day and I needed the laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, fair enough I suppose.

I do think that we all could stand to lighten up a bit though but obviously people have different sensibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often I see people change their stances in this forum (or any other, come to that), so thanks Obsfucation.

I agree my opinion was strongly worded (and held), so it was bound to rile those with different opinions. The OP asked for people's opinions, I gave mine as per his request. Perhaps he just wanted the opinions of the people who agreed with him?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:29 PM

The purpose of my post was the irony/context for what I was reported of. I will note that the PokerStars PLO8 $1/$2 level has a fair number of semi-pros playing at it. This is not .05/.10 LHE where Grandpa Joe is killing time at. It is an aggressive game played by people trying to make money.

I have said much worse, and I have also heard much worse said everynight at these stakes... and chat reportings are VERY VERY sparse. That is the irony of this occurence.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The purpose of my post was the irony/context for what I was reported of. I will note that the PokerStars PLO8 $1/$2 level has a fair number of semi-pros playing at it. This is not .05/.10 LHE where Grandpa Joe is killing time at. It is an aggressive game played by people trying to make money.

I have said much worse, and I have also heard much worse said everynight at these stakes... and chat reportings are VERY VERY sparse. That is the irony of this occurence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that puts your post in a better context for me. Take my comments as applicable to many other poker chats I see, rather than (or less so for) yours then.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:07 AM

I'll throw my opinion in the mix FWIW:

I think the use of foul language in company you are unsure of their tolerance for is disrespectful.

Granted, this is poker, and has a tradition of being an ettiquette free, beer, cigar, and fart fest,
but things have changed and you are not at your kitchen table. Well, you might be at your kitchen table, but you are also on PokerStars site and they set the rules. These rules are not some arbitrary random combination of letters, they are clearly offensive to some people and that is bad for their business...at least they feel it is. (This is not really directed specifically at OP btw.)

However, despite the fact that beer almost came out of nose when I read the comment about the kid, I think that it was horrible and obviously much more offensive to that player than cursing, yet Sciolist says no problem?! Sounds like it's a free for all with personal insults as long as no swearing!

So, OP's point point seems to have some merit... you will offend your players if you treat them in an unpredictable manner, and that is way worse than them being offended by other players.

Rant:

Yeah, the word retard should be filtered. For the record, the unbelievably rampant use of the word on 2+2 without any thought that some of the posters might be highly offended is pathetic. For everyone that throws that word around in a public forum, you ought to know that you are demonstrating a level of social intelligence below most of the many mentally retarded people I have worked with for the last three years. If you have such an amazing mental capacity, use it to think about what you say, and the audience, and try to filter out the offensive stuff. Good luck.