Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 05:22 PM

Default Just sat down with KTs

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

I had just sat down so I really didnt have any reads here. I think 4 people just sat down and posted right away, so I figured my PF raise was for value. Since CO capped PF I'm not sure if my 3bet on the flop was ok? I was getting good odds since there was only one other king out there but a little bit worried about AK, KQ, KJ, or a full house. Remember its .02/.04!
Should I bet out the turn or is c/c ok?
Same for river.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.02. MP2 posts a blind of $0.02. MP3 posts a blind of $0.02. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (22 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
Old 08-16-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Just sat down with KTs

I'd have folded pf, but since you're already in it, cap the flop and bet the turn. You have an extremely strong hand. Are you really fearing K2?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have folded pf, but since you're already in it, cap the flop and bet the turn. You have an extremely strong hand. Are you really fearing K2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding preflop sucks as does betting the turn. K2 isn't the only hand that scares hero.

OP: I think betting the flop also sucks.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to see a flop with suited broadways with 5 blinds already in the middle? It's not often you get 5:1 UTG to come in.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with playing KTs UTG, especially if you know it will be multiway - like when there are 2 posters. I don't know about raising though. I especially don't know about raising for value.

Actually, he's not fearing the boat. He's fearing being outkicked. He doesn't need to fear Kx boat, he NEEDS to fear AK because that is a 3-bet preflop hand and a hand that would be hyper aggressive on this flop. However, you are correct in saying this is a very strong holding, and you are clearly either WA or only slightly behind.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 PM

Ah, I see now. I did not note all those who posted. Heh, most the time I post in these is to have the pooh-bahs advise me about my line. Thanks guys!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:18 PM

I tend to calldown here even though im almost always shown KJ - AK. But since CO could be a maniac and the pot is huge, it is probably worth a calldown in this case. It could also be an overplayed AA, QQ, or JJ. K9 - K7 unlikey because of the 3b.

But, then again, I've never played the nanos, so he may have a much wider range.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:18 PM

Hey, I was in exactly the same spot about 6 weeks ago! Jesus, it's incredible how much you can pick-up when you're really committed to this thing.

Sorry if that sounded a bit conceited, i don't mean to imply my advice is as good as a Pooh-bah's (I still haven't quite figured out what a Pooh-bah is anyway)
Old 08-16-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to calldown here even though im almost always shown KJ - AK. But since CO could be a maniac and the pot is huge, it is probably worth a calldown in this case. It could also be an overplayed AA, QQ, or JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO had AA, so my pot!! Whew [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I see this sort of thing a lot where people just go nuts with AA (Preflop its obviously correct) right down to the river. The mentality seems to be "I'm afraid of those Kings so I'm gonna cap each round to make you fold them". which makes no sense.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP: I think betting the flop also sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I like the flop bet- it builds value, especially when CO will raise. Do you think we need to protect this hand?