Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Multiple accounts in a tournament from the same IP address?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about SNG's...but I thought most sites allow you to play in the same MTT. Granted you won't be at the same tables. The software keeps the same IP from playing on the same table (until you get closer to the final table at least).

Recall reading two people from same house (husband and wife) getting away with it. Although maybe they got the ok from support first...or maybe they stopped allowing that because of possible issues with cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife & I both play online. In light of the recent multi-accounting issues I sent each sight an email enquiring about their stance on husband & wife playing. Stars responded by stating that a) we would not be able to play at the same cash game table or 1-table SNG (didn't mention anything about the 2/3table SNG) and b) we would be able to play together in any MTT. The software is designed to prevent people with the same IP address from landing at the same table. Obviously this does not apply to the final table. The email went on to conclude that if we both reached the final table Stars "would wish both of us good luck". They've also apparently made a note on our accounts that we are husband and wife.

UB's response was somewhat different: they basically stated that their software wasn't smart enough to keep us apart and recommended that we don't play tourneys together. So we withdrew our money.

I've actually finally (as in within the past 7 days) made a deposit on Party and was called by Party support to confirm information and the support rep asked if I know **** **** (wife's name). I said that she was my wife so obviously they cross-referenced IP or street address or something so it's also marked on our accounts there that we're husband and wife.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Multiple accounts in a tournament from the same IP address?

[ QUOTE ]
My wife & I both play online. In light of the recent multi-accounting issues I sent each sight an email enquiring about their stance on husband & wife playing. Stars responded by stating that a) we would not be able to play at the same cash game table or 1-table SNG (didn't mention anything about the 2/3table SNG) and b) we would be able to play together in any MTT. The software is designed to prevent people with the same IP address from landing at the same table. Obviously this does not apply to the final table. The email went on to conclude that if we both reached the final table Stars "would wish both of us good luck". They've also apparently made a note on our accounts that we are husband and wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this is a reasonable response, and one that I'd expect from a well-run company like Stars.

As for, "why not just break out the penny jar and play live" - we do that, of course. The only reason we consider playing an MTT online, is that we find a tourney with many entrants more fun and interesting than playing 3-handed (the wives have no interest). We rarely play poker online together when we are at our repsective homes... not sure why. I think they just aren't that into playing, except when we all get together and talk about getting a poker game going.

I think an email to Stars, with my brother-in-law's screennames, sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the replies.