Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 01:11 AM

Default Did anybody successfully complete the gigabet challenge?

just wondering.... I'm going to try to complete it on full tilt...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Did anybody successfully complete the gigabet challenge?

it got cancelled because party changed the structure half way through. Some guy had done it earlier though.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:22 AM

what was the challenge?...link?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:50 AM

STTers pooled 10k to bet that Giga could not: play 100 STTs at each level, from $11s on up, with a starting bankroll of $165. If Giga ever ran out of money to do the 'next' tourney, he loses. If he completed 100 (ending at 215s), he kept the 10k. STTers got a full collection of HHs.

Tons of people, including myself, chipped in $100 more for the HHs than out of any particular feeling Gigabet would lose, although he had made very little headway in the 11s and 22s at building his bankroll, and the risk of ruin was definitely a few cold decks away when it was called. I'm not sure what Giga's reason was... but he had the right to pull out all along. But the participants did get a bunch of HHs... although I'd say they're of questionable value since they're all 11s and 22s. Gigabet "overplayed" his opponents at times, having bets that "could not be called based on previous action" get called, because they just didn't see what he saw.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
STTers pooled 10k to bet that Giga could not: play 100 STTs at each level, from $11s on up, with a starting bankroll of $165. If Giga ever ran out of money to do the 'next' tourney, he loses. If he completed 100 (ending at 215s), he kept the 10k. STTers got a full collection of HHs.

Tons of people, including myself, chipped in $100 more for the HHs than out of any particular feeling Gigabet would lose, although he had made very little headway in the 11s and 22s at building his bankroll, and the risk of ruin was definitely a few cold decks away when it was called. I'm not sure what Giga's reason was... but he had the right to pull out all along. But the participants did get a bunch of HHs... although I'd say they're of questionable value since they're all 11s and 22s. Gigabet "overplayed" his opponents at times, having bets that "could not be called based on previous action" get called, because they just didn't see what he saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it was called was due to the change of structure in Party SnGs.