Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Poker lessons + girls = lesson in humility

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: So some girls I know wanted to learn how to play poker and they know I play a lot so they asked me to teach them. I agreed, because most of them are pretty hot which makes for a pretty +EV situation.

Beat: So I teach them the basics and they seem to get the hang of it pretty well. I set-up a little sit-n-go and we start playing. They insisted that I play my best so I was like ok lol ship it. Anyways I obviously am chipping up a lot, because they play really straight-forward and call down with anything.

Then I get 2-2 on the button and everyone limps ahead of me. I decide to build a pot with a raise and everyone obviously calls me.

The flop is a beautiful Q52r. One girl bets and it's folded to me. I raise, she calls. Turn is a blank. She bets, I put her all-in, she calls. She shows Q5 and the river is a 5. I'm stunned and they instantly start cracking up about how I'm basically busto. I'm pretty sure she yelled ship it and I heard some "pozzed" and "pwnd"'s from the others. I'm like lol donkaments and feel like a total idiot. I attempt to explain to them that I was a big favorite, but they don't understand/care. They're too focused on the fact that they beat me and I feel like jumping off a building.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just got hustled by some hoes.