Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Is bodog going to be a super fish pond now?

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't BoDog let Canadians play there? Seems strange...

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason that has been explained is that Canada's government has a monopoly on sports betting. Bodog decided since they are licensed in Kahnawake not to create waves with them and since they are a sports book first banned all Canadian players. This is the explanation given over and over again but I am not in Canada so I do not know for sure if this is the real reason.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:37 PM

Bodog is an absolute rock garden interspersed with the occasional super TAG players. Don't even bother playing there.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Bodog is a rock garden compared to how it played last year, the occassional fish will show up but it's all same players now clearning their 10% reload.

Software is horrendous, and it only allows for 3 tables maximum, and zero poker tracker capability.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:04 PM

I don't see bodog taking off like stars did from the wsop. Stars had really good software and a tremenddous selection of games/tournies. Bodog's software is terrible and very buggy. I think the market is saturated enough with different sites that the boom is here and will not grow but maintain what level it has.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:10 PM

bodog has already been advertising pretty hard.
they'll get bigger once some of the WSOP TV coverage gets out there. And I would think they would use Jaime Gold in their commercials now.
they paid a LOT to place so many WSOP players, lots of huge overlays.
This situation is exactly what they were hoping for.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:18 AM

Word is PT is working on supporting Bodog games, this is hella unofficial but I heard it. Games might actually get worse.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Word is PT is working on supporting Bodog games, this is hella unofficial but I heard it. Games might actually get worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I missed some recent developement, I doubt this. Pat has said over and over again that he will not add PT support for Bodog until they improve their hand histories. (i.e.store them locally, or make them accessible in some way)
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I missed some recent developement, I doubt this. Pat has said over and over again that he will not add PT support for Bodog until they improve their hand histories. (i.e.store them locally, or make them accessible in some way)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to hell Bodog NEVER supports Poker Tracker! I absoulutely refuse to play at Party because of PT and HUD. Sorry guys, I just think it is unfair and bad for online poker all together. A fact that most 2+2ers refuse to accept because of the massive edge this software gives them while they play 8-12 tables at once..... blah blah it's been said many times before i know...

That being said, UNLIKE that "Party Joker" site, Bodog has the best customer service I have ever seen. They answer the phone on the first ring, they have refunded my money on more than one ocassion which is something almost unheard of with the other sites, and what do you know... they speak clear English! Finally a site that doesn't have its customer support somewhere in India for crying out loud!

And as far as these "bugs" I hear about?? I've been at Bodog for over a year now and the only complaint I have is they only have about 10% the players that Party and Stars has. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'm sure that will change as soon as the WSOP airs next week. Thank you Jamie Gold!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:18 AM

bodog has a canadian office, and doesn't want to chance stirring anything up with the local government, so they just don't accept canadian players. that's roughly what they told me when i tried to join.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bodog is already a fish pond

[/ QUOTE ]

SHHHHH!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]