Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Re: HSP picked up for a 3rd Season on GSN

Great news [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] anyone know who will appear in this season?
Old 08-15-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect the reason for not having a new episode every week is simple logistics - filming's the easy part, editing is not. Also, I'd be wary of burning people out on the show, especially as poker shows are generally down in popularity. Therefore, GSN didn't sign HSP to a 3rd season before it could be assured a 2nd one would be successful - making it a most of the year show means picking it up for 2 seasons and filming the '3rd season' before the 2nd one airs.

I hope no one else tries to put a cash game on TV - High Stakes Poker is too good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree HSP is great, its the only poker I make sure to watch on TV. I disagree about burning people out with another cash game though. As public generally becomes more familiar with poker and comes to realization, that no matter how many "chips" are involved in tourney, that player stands to lose no more than the 10k he bought in for. Sure the upside may have many dollars. But the human drama factor lies in watching someone leave the building 300k light as happened to Daniel N. This,coupled with the better poker imo, means a booming future for the giant cash games.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good news. Now if GSN makes it a 4 hour show it would be great news.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

p.s. Buy the first season?? Iunno but I am gonna need more hardrive space soon.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:36 PM

Anyone know what the theme music is for HSP??

hgla;

slllllllll
Old 08-15-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the appeal of HSP was that it was the best players in the game playing each other. Now, you guys want to put 1-2 players in the mix via some satellite system? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be no different than putting, say, Fred Chamanara on. I think it would be a fun concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you enjoy watching Fred Chamanara play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand where he bluffed Matusow, yes. If an amateur can get on the show and make a play at a pro it would be very entertaining. Even if not there are still plenty of strong players in the game anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's okay to have 1 or 2 unknowns/ameteurs at the table for a couple reasons.
1. The viewers who are paying attention to strategy (that's us) will learn from the subtle plays that are made specifically against the more fishy players.
2. Ameteurs are needed to attract the pros who would be otherwise outmatched. $1400/hr isn't enough incentive to sit at a 100/300/600 NL game against 7 players that are better than you.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the appeal of HSP was that it was the best players in the game playing each other. Now, you guys want to put 1-2 players in the mix via some satellite system? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be no different than putting, say, Fred Chamanara on. I think it would be a fun concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

The concept might be fun, but I don't think that player would add much to the show. I know I would be playing some pretty solid boring poker if you stuck me in a game that plays 300 times higher then my regular game.

This show needs more high stakes players, not nits playing over their heads.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:36 AM

great news...this show is just sick...
Old 08-28-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to buy season 1&amp;2 on dvd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking through the GSN store and they didn't have any dvd's for any of the shows that they actually produce (they have some of the old game shows they air).

Any word on hsp dvd's getting put out?