Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Re: 2+2 ers abusing the chat box. (sigh)

This issue comes up every so often, and for a reason. Tapping the glass costs money. Costs me money. Whether it's talking about PT and the stats you have on them, or just making them feel uncomfortable, it is stupid.

Yeah, some of the fish stay anyway and don't change their play at all. But a lot do tighten up their play or leave the table. Maybe not the site, maybe they just step away for fifteen minutes to cool down and get another beer but in my experience a lot do leave the table shortly after the harassing starts. And that sucks. Here I've got a table all set up for me with my HUD and the fish to my right, maybe two of them and these days that's not always easy to get, and maybe it will last for hours or until they bust, but then you go chase one away. Sure, maybe he's only got $50 or $200 and he's going to go busto soon and never come back anyway but I want him to do it at my table right now. Even if he just goes to another table it's a pain. That other table might be all TAGs and hardly worth going to.

But no matter what it's costing me BBs. I know it sucks when they hit that 2 outer, after coldcalling your PFR with T7o. But learn to deal with it! What the hell? It happens. And how you react to it is either going to cost you and me money or make you and me money. Be professional, not a whinerass.

Now berating the TAGs and LAGs and regulars, sure. And I get after the whiners if they're not fish. I don't care if a TAG tilts or leaves. But leave my fish alone. They're my livlihood, my source of income. Don't mess with that.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SUCKOUT MONKEYS

[/ QUOTE ]

Hadn't heard that one before, it actually made me laugh. I might even used that one next time some LAG rivers his 15-outer, you know, just for the comic relief. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2006, 03:06 PM

This is a legit issue, because I have seen fish leave, and worse: good tables go bad, or break up entirely. When I am sitting at a table that is 65% to the flop and nearing avg pots of 10 BB, the last thing I want to see is some idiot sit down and berate the fish. They are there to have fun, you should be willing maintain that atmosphere. And if you are such an expert, you should know that the above stats indicate a HUGE amount of suckouts, so you should not be sitting at this table in the first place. If you want no suck-outs, you are more than welcome to sit at a table that is 15% to the flop with and avg pot of 2 BBs.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't resist poking fun at the 2+2 LAGS who lack the post flop skills to play their lower range hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it when the "2+2 TAG bet stations" start berating me for my "horrible play". You known you pwn someone bad when your plays are about three steps ahead of anything that they'd ever understand.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:01 PM

I'm nearly immune to this bad beat whining crap. It's happened often enough where I go, "Okay, I get my chips or money back later" and life goes on.

When people berate me, I'm guilty of egging them on and really trying to tilt them. Something I gotta get out of.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM

It is annoying when someone berates fish endlessly, it's also annoying when some do gooder nit makes an issue out of it. Neither of these are as annoying as someone mentioning twoplustwo, pt, pahud, etc.

That said, I do my best to stay out of it; NL is an emotional game, people paid their money, let them have their say.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:30 PM

For whatever reason, this past week a whole bunch of (bad) players have started to lecture me about how terrible I am, which used to happen only occasionally. One kept telling me I was an idiot for continually trying to steal his blind (after he called me down when I raised from the button with -- get this -- QQ). Probably not coincidentally, I'm up about 250 BB during the same time frame.

Sometimes it's 60/5/.5 guys, but sometimes it's a 27/12/3 guy who doesn't realize there's more to poker than getting the "correct" PT stats (this is 6max). Those are my favorite.

The best was when one of these crappy TAGs sat at a new table with me (while I was up big on another table with him, much of it from his stack), waited for me to lose a pot (KK vs. AA in this case), and then asked me how my stack was. I told him it was fine, as I was still up $500 on the day -- and everyone at the table immediately decided I was lying. If you've never had a +500 run multi-tabling 3/6 6max ... I mean, I don't get there all that often, but it's not like it's that crazy a win.

Also this is in a relatively small player pool, so of course I end up playing with the same guys the next day ... and I always try to sit on their left, reraise them, and suckout at least once early in the session.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't resist poking fun at the 2+2 LAGS who lack the post flop skills to play their lower range hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it when the "2+2 TAG bet stations" start berating me for my "horrible play". You known you pwn someone bad when your plays are about three steps ahead of anything that they'd ever understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty awesome, I agree. But how do you respond? I make an effort to keep things light at the table; I don't chat a lot but I don't ignore it, either. It seems like sometimes if you say "I just knew my 74s was going to hit" or "I guess I felt lucky" it gives away the fact that you are playing good poker (because you're pretending you're not). I don't like to yell back, though I will occasionally respond with just: "dork." That's an underutilized but often appropriate word.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:04 PM

most of the time i call the beraters "math nerds" or maybe talk abut how they dont know how to play their rushes. this will usually get the berating attention on me which i find entertaining and sometimes +EV.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:33 PM

Please forgive me 2+2, for I have sinned.
It has been less than 48 hours since my last confession, and I just SCHOOLED this moron donkey on titan the other day yo!

I told him how DARE he play 67 soooted all-in preflop against my pocket aces!

What donktastic play. I told him that if I played better, i could probably afford a plane ticket to fly out to where the donkey lives, and teach him to SPELL poker.

Then I cried a little....

Then had some chocolate milk, and went to bed.