Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 PM

Default I can\'t deal with 30/20s stealing my blinds :/

I've begun to just make sure they aren't on the button when I have the BB. I make more mistakes in these situations than in any other, so I just tend to avoid them. Plus it puts me on tilt when they constantly raise me and it throws me off my game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But since I'm consdering moving up I'll have to learn to deal with these situations better. I'm considering not even re-raising with A-small cause if I hit the flop they fold and if I miss I can almost guarantee I'll get played back against. It's not like I'm a folding station eitehr cause I call down with ace high occasionaly. How do you guys feel about raising suited connectors or even 1-2 gappers against a button steal?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Re: I can\'t deal with 30/20s stealing my blinds :/

I usually raise T9s, 98s, J9s and T8s. I'll check all other suited connectors and 1-2 gappers.

Although, I play 5/10 and I usually don't sit at a table with a 30/20 immediately to my right or two to my right.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:58 PM

they tilt me too.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:20 AM

I play 2/4 and the thing I had to realize was that once you get comfortable playing blind defense you can be too eager and see stealers in every situation. I had to calm down and realize that you don't have to try to be the sherrif and catch them everytime.

I think the same realization can help you because it means you just have to fight back a few times to cut out a lot of the EV your opponent is stealing. That means you can pick the type of starting hands and flop textures where you are most comfortable.

That said, one of my favorite lines is just call the preflop raise, c/c the flop and go for a c/r on the turn. Ideally by this time I'll have a semi-bluff gutshot plus some overcards that could be good if they pair on the river, but it's not necessary since the play is really going against villain's presumed wide starting range, which means it could include a lot of things that would be pretty ugly no matter what kind of board you are looking at.