Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Re: How much does the food you eat affect you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kurosh,

The food you eat affects you MAJORILY. I can barely function anymore if I go a week w/o a healthy diet, my head is foggy, I am tired etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found this to be especially true when I go on 'binges' (for lack of a better word) of soda. I probably drink it once a week or so, but the day after I always feel like crap and have no energy to go to the gym.

My roomate is a poor bastard, thus our gas has been turned off for a few months now. I can't cook a healthy carb compliment to most of my meals. I can still grill a lot of chicken/fish which is beneficial, but I need something to go along w/ it. Any suggestions?

I usually include a salad, and occasionally grill some vegetables, but the prep time is brutal on grilled vegetables and it doesn't fill the carb void I desire like an instant potato or pasta substitute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steam veggies. Preferably green ones, they are the best for you.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:40 PM

seafood ftw [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2006, 06:07 PM

I started on the zone diet about a month ago. I have a woman who lives near me cook all my food for $150/week. I also read the zone book to get an idea of the theory behind it. It's all basically healthy, not processed, low good carbs, low good fat, limited by the amount of protein you're supposed to need. The idea is you eat five times a day, never go more than 3-4 hours w/o eating, and never eat so much you overload your body's ability to process protein and carbs. It's supposed to keep you in "the zone" that great athletes get in when they hit .400 or whatever.

I'm not sure about all that mumbo jumbo. But I've been losing weight *and* have had more energy it seems than I ever had. Which I never would have thought possible. When I nap now it's like for 30 min. max, then I have to get up and start moving around. If I don't go for a long walk every day I go stir crazy. I find every day I'm walking at a faster pace too, just because it feels better. Whereas before if I was on any kind of diet I felt like I was made of lead. I kind of feel like a teenager again in that respect - although I recall being a fairly lethargic teenager a lot of the time.

Also I've been waking up with an erection every day, which stopped happening often about 5-10 years ago (I'm 37). So that's fun.

I think in just a month I've changed my core outlook on meals from something where I need to gat a gigantic load of it in me while I can - to something where I just want to give my body a little "food bump" to keep it going for the next few hours. IE - the breakfast even for someone my size (6'1 - 250 lbs) is pretty small - like today it was 4 oz. of fritatta and some fruit. At first I thought no way that little food was going to fly for my breakfasts. Now if I eat any more it feels like too much. I really look forward to my little breakfast bump, and the way I feel right after.

After a month, I really don't have a tough time not cheating (except a little every once and a while - or if I go out obv.). But at first with a lot of diets that's really tough. With this though I thought it was a lot easier because all the food was already cooked and in my fridge. Makes it a lot easier to follow than if I would have had to cook my own.

Anyway that's all I can think of. Just thought I'd share what has been a really good experience for me on this subject. I just hope this woman doesn't get tired of doing all this cooking and abandon me. I'm pretty sure I would have a tough time doing all that cooking for just myself.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started on the zone diet about a month ago. I have a woman who lives near me cook all my food for $150/week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about all that mumbo jumbo. But I've been losing weight *and* have had more energy it seems than I ever had. Which I never would have thought possible. When I nap now it's like for 30 min. max, then I have to get up and start moving around. If I don't go for a long walk every day I go stir crazy. I find every day I'm walking at a faster pace too, just because it feels better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think in just a month I've changed my core outlook on meals from something where I need to gat a gigantic load of it in me while I can - to something where I just want to give my body a little "food bump" to keep it going for the next few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I really look forward to my little breakfast bump, and the way I feel right after.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With this though I thought it was a lot easier because all the food was already cooked and in my fridge. Makes it a lot easier to follow than if I would have had to cook my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you replaced "food" with "cocaine" you'd have a pretty good diet, too. Not as healthy for your body, but a definite weight-loss plan, and you would be "in the zone" all the time, too!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started on the zone diet about a month ago. I have a woman who lives near me cook all my food for $150/week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about all that mumbo jumbo. But I've been losing weight *and* have had more energy it seems than I ever had. Which I never would have thought possible. When I nap now it's like for 30 min. max, then I have to get up and start moving around. If I don't go for a long walk every day I go stir crazy. I find every day I'm walking at a faster pace too, just because it feels better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think in just a month I've changed my core outlook on meals from something where I need to gat a gigantic load of it in me while I can - to something where I just want to give my body a little "food bump" to keep it going for the next few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I really look forward to my little breakfast bump, and the way I feel right after.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With this though I thought it was a lot easier because all the food was already cooked and in my fridge. Makes it a lot easier to follow than if I would have had to cook my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you replaced "food" with "cocaine" you'd have a pretty good diet, too. Not as healthy for your body, but a definite weight-loss plan, and you would be "in the zone" all the time, too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that. Didn't work. Coke or crack. You still eat a bunch of crap a few days later when you come down, and your body is all effed-up from not eating for 2 days. I didn't gain weight but I wouldn't lose either. And that whole "is this stuff going to be the end of me" feeling isn't the most fun.

Of course I could just keep doing crack the whole week. But then you have to sell your car, move out onto the street, make new friends, stop bathing. It's not as glamorous as it sounds.