Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Torrents not allowed, but links to paid content for free OK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How are these at all different?

[/ QUOTE ]

J,

[ QUOTE ]

Jurollo 8/13 11:53p: "I didnt realize it was a backdoor"

[/ QUOTE ]

Implies you saw the links/thread but did not realize what it was exactly

[ QUOTE ]
Jurollo 8/14 1:28a: "I ONLY SAW AND USED THE ORIGINAL LINK"

[/ QUOTE ]

Implies that you only saw the original for pay link

[ QUOTE ]
"I personally, saw no problem with these threads as it was a backdoor within ESPN.com's framework and the leak"

[/ QUOTE ]

Implies that you saw and understood the nature of the links but felt that because it was ESPN's error it was their problem to deal with and not yours.

I'm pretty sure that is what El Diablo is getting at.

correct me if I'm wrong El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

C,
This is likely my last post here since I talked to El D and explained myself more clearly on IM. Anyhoo, basically all the comments I made have been consistent the whole way. Even the last one which you took issue with has followed my statements from the beginning. If it was in the ESPN.com's framework and had the appearence of a free link, which the first post did (I have told El D I didnt see the others), then the copyright problems here become far more ambiguous. I had 2 VERY DEEP runs in MTTs going the night of the FT and I checked in briefly on the amazing participation on the WSOP forum. I followed the notifications and probably got to actually look at 50% of them. I am working on 1 monitor at this point due to a computer crash. Think I am a liar if you will but I think my reputation over the past 2.5 years should speak for itself.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

the intention of my post was to clarify not to pass judgement
Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM

Jurollo,

I can't remember now exactly what your position was in the big ZJ threads on his actions and whether they were serious cheating matters or not, but I think from your responses here I can guess. You seem to have moral standards where stealing from the rich isn't stealing (or stealing a dime from the poor maybe). So I guess you are like Robin Hood, except you keep for yourself.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Again, I'm not familiar with the details of this incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the details are being pretty clearly and correctly laid out by El Diablo.

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that this incident is now water uner the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, no consequences for mods who clearly violate 2+2 policy?

[ QUOTE ]
However, if something like this does occur again in the future, if there is any doubt, the link should probably be deleted sine it's best for us to error on the conservative side.

[/ QUOTE ]

This implies to me that you aren't sure this case (linking to an illegal feed of a PPV event) is really a violation. There is a clear and rigorously enforced anti-torrent policy on this site and the 2+2 policy regarding copyrighted material has been very clear for a long time now. There was nothing ambiguous about it.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 AM

My first thought on seeing the second link, which was clearly somebody bypassing the system, was "I'm glad I don't mod this forum because then I'd have to either leave it up and catch [censored] after, or delete it and catch [censored] during".
Old 08-14-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first thought on seeing the second link, which was clearly somebody bypassing the system, was "I'm glad I don't mod this forum because then I'd have to either leave it up and catch [censored] after, or delete it and catch [censored] during".

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how overly nitty you are in your forum, I'm pretty sure you would've at least made the right choice. The "Oh no, I have to delete an illegal feed but the cool kids won't like me" angst just doesn't fly.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:12 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

jurollo,

i dont see how me saying you should be banned for something that i was banned for is holding a grudge. i dont hold grudges like that. you stated you had let go. why not just never hold them?

if anyone wonders why i complain about mods and the hilarious amount of hypocrisy that goes on, you can stop wondering, isnt it fairly obvious now? im waiting for the awesome reaction next time jurollo bans someone for posting a torrent. sorry guys, you cant blatently do stuff that violates the rules and then tell normal users not to do it. thats just not how society works. if you want to have rules thats fine, but if im going to be banned because the mod at the time was a complete retard i would either like an apology for my previous ban or for 2p2 to actually be consistant on a policy for once(shock!).

rj
Old 08-14-2006, 12:13 PM

For what it's worth (nothing), I will probably buy the next ESPN PPV feed of poker just because it was so well done. If the link wasn't posted, I wouldn't even know. So for at least one case, having those links was a boon to ESPN.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
However, at Two Plus Two it is important that we respect all copyright laws. Even small instances should not be tolerated because small instances can eventually lead to larger ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I also think that this incident is now water uner the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

its like im mocking 2p2 but someone else is preemptively doing it for me. i would add a "because hes a mod" in between the quotes for some icing on the cake of hilarity.

rj
Old 08-14-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Puhhhhhlease! The "delete thread" button on your mod keyboard is probably worn down to nothing.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:12 PM

After reading this whole thread I still don't know how to get my $25 back from ESPN.