Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 3 - Six vs. Eleven
E.T. 146 85.38%
Village of the Damned (1965) 25 14.62%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Software for Avg. flop equity

Trying to run an analysis, and wondering if there is any program out there that will calculate the average, or better yet the distribution, of pot equity for two hands after the flop (calculated prior to the flop).
Basically, i'd like to see the equivalent of summarized pokerstove results for all possible flops.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Software for Avg. flop equity

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to run an analysis, and wondering if there is any program out there that will calculate the average, or better yet the distribution, of pot equity for two hands after the flop (calculated prior to the flop).
Basically, i'd like to see the equivalent of summarized pokerstove results for all possible flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I've got one you need at propokertools.com. Go to the hold'em simulation editor, enter your simulation, and hit "Graph Equity Distribution".

Let me know if this meets your needs.

Cheers,
bachfan
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Software for Avg. flop equity

Pretty sweet. That is what i'm looking for. It would be nice to get the results in numerical form in addition to graphical. Those tools are coming along nicely though.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Request to Pokerstove programming (Poll)

Just bumping this thread, which refers to the issue at hand; a thread in SSSH led to milesdyson musing about how nice it'd be for stove to calculate specifically your flop equity.

Stove is currently brilliant for tournies, where knowing hot-and-cold numbers to the river is imperative for all good tourney players. However, for limit ring gamers, we sometimes need to know what our equity is going to look like on the flop [say when defending our blind but planning to c/f the flop if we don't connect, or something like that].

So, the question is, is it possible for Pokerstove to program in such a feature?

I have added a poll beneath to see if we can get a vote going to see if people think the feature would be worthwhile, and whether they'd consider donating any figure to creating it. Me, I'd throw $100 in to make it happen.