Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 07:38 AM

Default Re: What decision do you make here?

No, I did not just learn this term and randomly decide to use it.

If I have two people all in in front of me while I have the 2nd nut house Im expecting them to both have an Ace in the hand. In this case Im neither WA or WB, but I am ahead.

If only one of them has the Ace, and the other is being a total idiot, then yes I am way ahead here.

My thinking during the hand was they both had an Ace, so then yes I was incorrect to say I was WA/WB. But you dont have to come off as an [censored] because I use a term when it wasn't warranted. I made this post to get advice from others how they would have played it, not to have someone be a dick to me because I used a term when it wasn't needed.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:47 AM

OK well my advice is to raise preflop, even though this once created action when you had a strong hand and some fish drew out on you. As played sometimes bet the flop, as played usually call the all in. Also not to post hands with no reads. Also to use the converter. Also to usually fold flopped underfulls when there is lots of action, but to make an exception here since (you didn't post all the details) there seems to be lots of money in the pot and the stacks are not deep and the pfr may not even have an ace.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, going for an overcall here is risky unless you are short-stacked.

However, would you not lead out at the flop? The short stack is going to go all in if nobody bets before him with a wide range of hands in my experience. The person behind him knows this and will raise with any ace, so you really don't know where you're at. But if you bet, and you get raised, then you have a better idea of where you are at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would lead out in this kind of hand, but he was facing a bet and a raise, which usually means the nuts.

Turns out one guy was a total donk with the str8 draw.

As for the question why AQxx would want to raise here, it would be to build the pot and put pressure on somebody with AKxx. I know plenty of very good winning players who play every nut hand fast. But slowplaying would be an OK play for AQ here, too as there are only 4 overcards to your Q that you are worried about.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, would you not lead out at the flop? The short stack is going to go all in if nobody bets before him with a wide range of hands in my experience. The person behind him knows this and will raise with any ace, so you really don't know where you're at.

[/ QUOTE ]
This basically sums up why you should check.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:23 PM

oh dear... who here actually everr folds this ever? apart from Dave....
Old 08-14-2006, 04:02 AM

I should add that raising preflop causing 5 people to shove all in is a GOOD, no, GREAT thing and not something that should be avoided!