Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Party stud question...bots?

If I'm being naive or something, feel free to kick my ass, but it feels like some of the players at Party are playing so strangely they can't be thinking about even their own hands.

I mean players like clockwork completing with the highest or second-highest door card (regardless of position or the total strength of their hand), and calling down with bizarre hands (no pair, no connected cards, no flush possible) - one even paid my river bet off with a pair of threes! The play is so similar between these players (some from the same "home town") it's scary.

I'm not complaining - once I figured out how they played, I started making money off them - but it's very very strange.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Party stud question...bots?

Step 1: login to party party.
Step 2: get into stud game.
Step 3: profit.
Step 4: lambo maybe? Aston martin, obv.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm being naive or something, feel free to kick my ass, but it feels like some of the players at Party are playing so strangely they can't be thinking about even their own hands.

I mean players like clockwork completing with the highest or second-highest door card (regardless of position or the total strength of their hand), and calling down with bizarre hands (no pair, no connected cards, no flush possible) - one even paid my river bet off with a pair of threes! The play is so similar between these players (some from the same "home town") it's scary.

I'm not complaining - once I figured out how they played, I started making money off them - but it's very very strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't recognize expert play when you see it.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:42 PM

there's a lot of multi table players on party, a lot of them just have systems worked out for beating the game, and a lot of the systems are very similar... i can't really make too good of an assessment about why you got called down by someone with 3s; but like frappeboy said, never fail to recognise excellence...