Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 12:29 PM

Default am I ahead here enough of the time to call?

This is my first orbit of party $.50/$1. Villian is unknown to me so far. My first instinct was to call and now that I'm looking back on it I think it may have enough value to call (especially with the fact that we could be tied). Does anyone fold this here?

Damn, the conversion is messed up. Villian (MP) pushed me all in.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($202.95)
UTG ($118.08)
MP ($101.35)
Button ($115.60)
Hero ($94)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $2.50, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($9) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28
Old 08-13-2006, 12:49 PM

Default Re: am I ahead here enough of the time to call?

I fold. He's pushing with what..... AA KK 99 55 AK. What else would he push after you (Mr. New-To-The-Table) told him you had a GOOD king?

Being new to the table means that you don't know if he pushes garbage. Did you just join because VP$IP AND Avg Pot size were huge???? Maybe he's been pushing people around... or maybe it was one of the other players. You JUST DON'T KNOW. Had you watched a cycle or two B4 you joined???? (doesn't sound like it)
Old 08-13-2006, 12:54 PM

Against an unknown, you got a clear fold. You don't know yet if you're up against Mr. Rock 12/3/1.0 or Mr. Crazy 55/34/5 Without any information, I prefer assuming villain is a regular and won't pull crazy moves on me. Against a normal player, you're beat to often for this call to be +ev. Most likely AA or a set, but against a crazy donkey you will run into KQ or a flush draw enough to justify a call. Wait to get some info and stack the donk later!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:58 PM

Cool avatar.

Lead the flop for 3/4 pot, and call a raise for pot control.

Wait, converter issue. You check/raised and MP pushed I guess?
Yeah, okay. Fold to the push.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. I did check raise him. Which is another question (as Claunchy suggested). Should I lead the flop and call a small raise (and fold to a large one?) Or is my check raise ok? I don't like check raising into unknowns like that, but I figured if he 3 bet me I could lay it down.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:26 PM

Reraise PF first. Then bet flop. What to do if raised here? He tells us he isnt scared since we raised PF and bet a K high flop. Fold it?

As you played it - fold.