Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 05:27 AM

Default 3/6 fr, check raise turn 3flush

How to continue (or not) on the check raise on this 3flush board? Calldown or fold? The table has seen a lot of betting and raising. Everybody wanted to play against the co who showed anything on fifth street. However the check raise seemed to be a strong move giving my 3betting preflop. A flush draw better had only called in this spot. What is your opinion?

UTG: VP$IP: 36 PFR: 10 AF: 1.46 hands: 122
CO: 68/12/0.73/117
Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, 3 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.5SB, 4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-13-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: 3/6 fr, check raise turn 3flush

ideas?
Old 08-13-2006, 04:43 PM

Call down. Against four people and first to act I think villian bets this flop if he has a flush draw...maybe he doesn't but you can't for put him on a flush draw often enough not to call this down. he could just as easily have A/Q.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Call the turn raise. The pots big and he could easily have the flush draw or Q paired hand and you have hidden outs if he does have 2-pair. I'm not sure about 3-betting because it sounds like CO will call anyway plus you open yourself up to a cap if he does have the flush.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:00 PM

What would he raise with PF but not re-raise, then cc on the two-tone flop, and then CR with on the turn after Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls? True, he may have a flush, but he's a little loose so he could have other hands too, such as AQ, KQ, or any 2-Broadway hand with a Q in it. I doubt he'd have checked QQ on the flop. He could have a set that he was waiting for the big-bet round to play, but would he have opened UTG with 22, 55 or 88? Maybe 88.

There are two ways you could go here. The safest would be just to call him down (unless maybe a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] came on the river and he bet), based on a lot of questions about his hand. Sort of a WA/WB play.

Your hand is too good to fold on the turn, and you could think about a re-raise, and a free SD, but you'd have to fold to his 4-bet, so I think a call down would be best here, plus you'd get to see his hand, which has some value to you. And the calldown would cost the same but you'd get to see the hand.

Just my $.02 worth...

bc