Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 01:05 PM

Default The worst card in the deck hits the turn...

20/406m

No reads. Unknown player.

All folds to button who raises, I 3B from SB w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he calls.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check/fold

Would you still check/fold x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: The worst card in the deck hits the turn...

that's actually not the WORST, since you know he wasn't raising you with the nut draw on the flop, which narrows his range a bit. If you think he raises the flop with lone hearts, probably the Q or J, then don't be afraid to muck. Also, if he will get aggro with a lone ace on a monotone board, then sure, fold. Personally, I would either call that turn or lead the turn, and probably fold to more aggression.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would either call that turn or lead the turn, and probably fold to more aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think leading the turn against an unknown here is pretty bad. I would probably check/call this turn...re-evaluate on the river.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think leading the turn against an unknown here is pretty bad. I would probably check/call this turn...re-evaluate on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup this is what I would do. I think an unknown will have a worse hand that he will check through often enough that you at least have to call the turn. If the guy isn't a complete idiot he won't bet the river with a worse hand...
Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would either call that turn or lead the turn, and probably fold to more aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather bet out than check call the turn here. One thing i hate about folding is you have 9 chop outs when behind to a non flush, of course when you are ahead (KJ,KT no heart) he has 9 chop outs which you give him for free when you check. So i hate checking (by extension i hate check calling), i hate folding, so i donk here. For me this is a [censored] situation where i don't particularly like any of my options so i reverse order them and avoid the ones i hate the most.