Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: AQo - Top Two vs. Maniac et al. ....edit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. He really thought you had QQ or AA after not raising preflop? On top of that, he put a maniac on that possibility? He should be upset at that hand. At himself for folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was pretty upset at himself! I think he convinced himself that I had A7 or Q7 (since I did get in for free) I know that he views me as a pretty solid player, and since I bet and raised every single chance I had postflop, I don't think he realized that I was playing faster simply because I was against the maniac.

I can't really fault him for his play (I mean, how often do you cold-call two on a paired board on the turn, trying to hit a flush?) I just don't think he looked at the next level of thinking as to why I might be doing what I was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is one reason to have some moves preplanned so it doens't look like you're thinking it over. This is also another way image, along with how you bet, can work for you.

Here's one that I did the other day.

live 20-40

Button opens. He's been raising a bit too often here so I've decided to call him with anything reasonable.

SB calls---loose player, but he knows kind of how I play.

I'm in BB.

Flop 4 5 8 with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s

Check, I bet, button raises, sb calls, I 3 bet, both call.

Turn 4 o/s

check, I bet, button insta-calls, SB folds.

River 9 o/s

I turn over J6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button looks longingly at board, taps his cards and mucks. (I was kinda shocked myself) SB slams the table with some chips and starts a heated conversation with himself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 08-12-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: AQo - Top Two vs. Maniac et al. ....edit

[ QUOTE ]
I turn over J6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button looks longingly at board, taps his cards and mucks. (I was kinda shocked myself) SB slams the table with some chips and starts a heated conversation with himself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well played! J6s is the nuts!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]