Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Time to restructure the payouts

That was terrible poker at the final table. Everyone was simply playing to move up in the cash. That's the problem when it's 90% amatuers at the final table. But when there is 1/2 million to a 2 million difference between places, how can you blame someone making less than $100k a year?

So I think they need to pay positions 9 - 2 just about the same amount, and make 1st place 3x to 4x what 2nd place plays. That's the only way you'll get the short stacks to play poker.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Time to restructure the payouts

Better idea: Time to kill the WSOP.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better idea: Time to kill the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see Harrah's buying into this:

"Turn the trucks of money around guys. We don't want it. At Harrah's, if the quality of poker play will suffer, then by god, we will no longer be a party to this highly profitable brand."

I suspect HET stockholders will be overjoyed to hear management took a stand -- if the FT at the WSOP ME becomes some kind of weak-tight nut-peddling donkathon, Harrah's wants no part of it, profit margins be damned.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I think they need to pay positions 9 - 2 just about the same amount, and make 1st place 3x to 4x what 2nd place plays. That's the only way you'll get the short stacks to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better idea: Make the WSOP ME a winner-take-all tournament. Next year's first prize = $80 million+. Then we'll see some REAL poker.

and fyi, $500k - $2 million is still a lot of money to the vast majority of pros, too. even the ones who are on tv every week.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better idea: Make the WSOP ME a winner-take-all tournament. Next year's first prize = $80 million+. Then we'll see some REAL poker.

and fyi, $500k - $2 million is still a lot of money to the vast majority of pros, too. even the ones who are on tv every week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying the Main Event should become a winner takes all, but I wouldn't mind WSOP creating another more event for $2k or $5k that would be winner takes all.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:02 PM

Did it seem like the 12 million in cash they stacked on the table didn't look all that impressive? I expected it to fill the whole table many feet high.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying the Main Event should become a winner takes all, but I wouldn't mind WSOP creating another more event for $2k or $5k that would be winner takes all.

[/ QUOTE ]Whats the point? A deal would most likely be made anyway unless it was rich pros at the final table.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone was simply playing to move up in the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was really upsetting that the players were using strategies that would allow them to make more money. It made me ill.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did it seem like the 12 million in cash they stacked on the table didn't look all that impressive? I expected it to fill the whole table many feet high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought it looked like ALOT. I was drooling over my keyboard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2006, 07:12 PM

This is recockulously absoluticris, why not make a 100k turbo/speed event?