Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: $22: Bubble AQs hand w/flush draw

I see your point, AJ. And finally somebody makes a distinction re: the bubble!

So now if somebody would just tell me what hand(s) they might play differently on the bubble vs. in the money in this spot where I had the AQs. What hands would you consider raising with (all-in or otherwise) in steal position (SB vs BB) on the bubble (vs a tight player) compared to what you'd steal with when already in the money?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So now if somebody would just tell me what hand(s) they might play differently on the bubble vs. in the money in this spot where I had the AQs. What hands would you consider raising with (all-in or otherwise) in steal position (SB vs BB) on the bubble (vs a tight player) compared to what you'd steal with when already in the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

With AQs I'm not sure there's much of a difference between bubble/ITM play, it's such a huge hand with 3or4 left and an easy push with a limited amount of BB's left.

As far as hands go, it's not the most important thing on the bubble IMO. You want to be looking at stack sizes, and playing the situation not the cards. You need become a pushbot, this style will grow with playing with SnGPT and getting better at putting your opponents on calling ranges. Then use this board to post hands your not sure about and learn from other players.

No easy answers to bubble play unfortunatly, some times you can stay on the way and let someone get knocked out, other times you need to push, and take a calculated risk. Use the search engine here stick in +" bubble " on this forum and see what you can pick up.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:22 PM

Iceblink, there are very few hands I would play differently ITM then the bubble here. However if I were the SB I would fold 66 here, but prestocall ITM.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:07 AM

I've heard about SNG Power Tools. I'll def. download it and check it out.

Thanks for the advice.

Alan