Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you consider voting for a robot?
Yes, absolutely, 8 14.29%
Depends on a lot of factors, but maybe. 16 28.57%
No way! 32 57.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Poll: Best moments of WSOP PPV telecast

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gold throws $50K brick in audience

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this, you mean he took some of the money from the table and tossed it in the audience? I thought those were just grifter rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he threw it to his mother, but it went into the crowd. He was asking someone about it off camera (mother?) what happened to the brick, so it was real green.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of that, am I the only one not as impressed with Wasicka's "sick" bluff? I mean it's a good bluff, but it would have been amazing to me if it got Allen to fold an Ace. The board was AAJ9 with three hearts, and Allen just had TT with the Th. There isn't a whole lot Allen can beat there BUT a bluff.

I'm not a Moneymaker fan, nor do I think his was the "bluff of the century," but at least that one got Sammy to lay down top pair on a rainbow board. Allen had to fear a flush, an ace, and a jack.

I applaud Wasicka's read that Allen was weak, but those are what every good pro bluff is about. The only thing exceptional about this was were the stakes. As a poker play, I think it's not amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Cunningham had a hand on the flop he would have bet because there's so many worse hands that can call him. He would never slowplay on that board. Wasicka obviously knew that and made a ballsy play. I don't think the read is *that* hard, but having the guts to go with it at the main event final table against one of the best players in the game is very impressive imo.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gold throws $50K brick in audience

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this, you mean he took some of the money from the table and tossed it in the audience? I thought those were just grifter rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he threw it to his mother, but it went into the crowd. He was asking someone about it off camera (mother?) what happened to the brick, so it was real green.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is. When Matusow (sp?) asked whether or not they were real bricks, Gordon conspiculously ignored the question.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:32 PM

raymer told me that they stuff the bricks with one dollar bills...so he's effectively throwing 698 dollars into the crowd
Old 08-11-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Matusow (sp?) asked whether or not they were real bricks, Gordon conspiculously ignored the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gordon didn't want to spoil the illusion for the casual poker fan. Remember, someone sent in a question asking what limping was.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have to say its The Mouth smoking crack during the PPV anyone else hear that?

[/ QUOTE ] Absolutely, I even posted to see if anyone else heard it. He must of left his mic on. LOL
Old 08-11-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon rolling his eyes when David Williams said he hired a chef to prepare for the WSOP.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]Good one. I was cracking up on that too. BTW this was one of the most entertaining broadcasts I have ever seen. PPV poker rocks. Lets email espn and make sure they keep the raw format for next year. I doubt that they realize what a classic this was.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:03 AM

I like the one when Phil played Steve Zolotow "RO SHAM BO", and he didn't know it went into Phil's pocket until he lost. He gave a great "help me out" look to the other guy.LOL
Old 08-12-2006, 03:12 AM

Wasicka made a much bigger call with Ace high when it was down to 12 2 days before the final event. Wasicka hd about 6 million, binger 5 million. Wasicka raised to 250k pre, binger called in small blind, 6 handed mind you. Flop 1010Q, 2 diamonds, Wasicka bet 400k, binger called. Next Card Q, binger bet 700k into wasicka who called. River was a brick (2). Binger bet 1.5 mill into paul who called. Wasicka won around 3 mill this hand, and IMO was just as good a call as allan's since he called both turn and river knowin he was probably good.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:38 AM

Ferguson asking what fold equity is.