Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Stop Hating!

FWIW. I never said I didn't think Gold was a good player, he pwned the final table.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:36 PM

Jurollo,

As I wrote in the other thread, Jamie played the best at the final table and had he been Daniel N. or some other pro with a fan club, people would be gushing over his play and his table talk, saying how awesomely he manipulated everyone. Of course he got very lucky, but so did everyone who made it late into that tournament.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:49 PM

Gold was gold.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Stop Hating! (Banning procedures and such)

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Stop Hating! (Banning procedures and such)

I've been saying gold was poised to take it all for days. I think he played well -- clearly he played well enough!

Furthermore, I think if you step back and look at his hands on the whole, and not individual hands in isolation, you can really appreciate his performance. For example, he really really set up the final hand with previous ones. How many times did he say "I have nothing" get called, and show NOTHING. He pulled the "just kidding" card at the perfect time and got Paul to call drawing to 2 outs. Awesome.

I think a case could even be made, high level view, that his "I call, I have nothing" hand as great. It set him up as being an absolute donk who very might throw the entire thing (as he had mentioned in an interview). In reality, the 2M chip call was almost nothing as part of his stack, and made him very hard to read in later hands. I mean, if a guy is willing ot call off 2M saying "i have nothing" then.. wow, you don't know what to think of that guy.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:22 PM

ya, i dont understand all the hating. gold dominated the whole way. every time he got a ton of money in he had a monster. when he got in as a dog, he had his opp outchipped for elimination. he played brilliant bigstack poker imo.

i gotta think the other big name pros woulda played similiar with such a stack. i woulda.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:37 PM

Thank You! I was a bit dissapointed at some of the comments about players and the PPV commentary. I was more disappointed that 2p2 did not immediately delete the post that allowed free access to the ESPN PPV. It did not seem very supportive of the game. We should all be excited that the "sport" now has this kind of demand. As for Jamie, I think he will be a great ambassador for the game.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was more disappointed that 2p2 did not immediately delete the post that allowed free access to the ESPN PPV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit your crying, we who got to see it free are thankful and I will be purchasing future events as a result.

I really didn't think I would enjoy it THAT much, the show was great. I am sure it wasn't done on purpose, but may work out for the better for ESPN.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:30 PM

I will absolutely buy the online PPV next year due to the free access this year. Pretty smart marketing if you ask me.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal