Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Hung, drawn, quartered...

Thanks guys. All makes sense. Once the button reraised, I thought to myself, I have completely [censored] this up. Anyways, say I had just called; who pays off a full pot-sized bet from the button - assuming it's checked to him. What about half the pot? Really had no reads.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Button should have played it more aggressively on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, God I love reading terrible advice comments like this. Button doesn't HAVE to raise at all on the flop if it will cause other players to overvalue their hand on the turn. IF he was out of position then yeah, I can see that, but the button player can sit back since his opponent will most likely bet into him again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, slow playing might win you a few more bets, but in my experience that is balanced by the pots that you lose when the set or nut flush draw gets there on the turn making slow playing EV neutral or -EV if you can't laydown non-nut flushes. I would rather get it all in HU with a freeroll vs somebody who is tied with the nut str8.

Anyway, if you still think my advice is terrible, I don't really care. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2006, 02:52 PM

Thats a good point/question, I might have ended up paying this guy off for a pot bet on the river, given the way the hand played out.