Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 07:25 AM

Default Re: About Jamie Gold...

He didn't get lucky, he ran well. He wasn't sucking out on people and winning coinflips, he simply seemed to hit EVERY flop. We shouldn't hate him for that.
And BTW, the average 22/180 PS player could play better SH than these guys did. Rather disappointing in that regard. I think these players were just in a hurry to get it over to some degree.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 AM

i find it so funny how people think they should win a hand like 1010 vs KJsuited....... allen did not have best hand, that was exactly a coin flip. i hate [censored] who say got in best hand, thats a loser thing to say, i guarantee allen wasnt upset about losing thqat hand, he is upset about getting bluffed by paul. so stfu u [censored] when u say quote. I thought he was disrespectful to Allen (among others') when he knocked him out (with the worst hand)........... you sir are a disgrace..........right now, i will take kjsuited u can take 1010, lets put a grand on it, and if u lose, u proly say bad beat, cause ur a loser [censored] [censored] [censored]
Old 08-11-2006, 07:31 AM

ONE reason is that he's one of the few thousand players that DIDN'T WANT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HAVING TO CARRY THE TITLE 'WORLD CHAMPION' ('But I DO want the money'). Makes me sick.

His arrogence, as he said he constantly talked and lied to players (not outplaying them)...he should be a salesman, not a 'player'. That was the best part of his game IMO.

Very little doubt in MY mind that if Chan didn't get so involved with him someone that WANTED to be World Champion would have been.

His deceit, constant [censored]. How often have you seen a Pro run off at the mouth at the Final table of the Big one? Nothing like this. Just dummy up and play, PLAY, DON'T SELL.

Never.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:33 AM

Lying at the poker table?????

SAY IT AINT SO!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He CONTINUES to get Chan's opinions DURING THE GAME (one player to a hand?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the only thing that really bothered me.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it's not during a hand, there is no issue here. You guys are searching for a reason to hate.

The f'ing guy led for 4 days. Did the deck hit him for 4 days or did he actually play some good poker. Give the guy a f'ing break. He dominated the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

while he played really well at times, and played the best at the final table

but, they averaged 20hands/hr for the final table, so in 14hrs they played a massive massive 280ish hands, thats about 1hr of 4tabling online

and for the 70hrs before this final table, thats maybe 2k hands, anyone who has played 100k+ hands, has had a 2.3k stretch where everything works

he just has better timing than we do
Old 08-11-2006, 07:37 AM

Table talk is something that many of the most respected players use to their advantage. "You call and it's all over babeeee". And Negreanu said it wasnt about the title any more, he said it was about the 12 mil. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with playing the "big one" for the money, in fact until the last couple years that's all it was for anyway. The most revered pros, the ones who can pay exactly 1.25 big bets to enter the main event, for them it's the honor of winning. For the rest of us, it's a life changing sum of money.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i find it so funny how people think they should win a hand like 1010 vs KJsuited....... allen did not have best hand, that was exactly a coin flip. i hate [censored] who say got in best hand, thats a loser thing to say, i guarantee allen wasnt upset about losing thqat hand, he is upset about getting bluffed by paul. so stfu u [censored] when u say quote. I thought he was disrespectful to Allen (among others') when he knocked him out (with the worst hand)........... you sir are a disgrace..........right now, i will take kjsuited u can take 1010, lets put a grand on it, and if u lose, u proly say bad beat, cause ur a loser bitch [censored] pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

harsh, but has a point
Old 08-11-2006, 07:43 AM

I'm kind of neutral on him. Don't hate him or love him. But on the ambassador part. B/c how the world champ conducts himself in the year after is such a big thing, can't every player be forced to sign a waiver beforehand stating that they will fulfill certain duties to the game in the event that they win?

I mean, its similar to the Miss World, or Mr. Universe things. I'm sure all contestants in that are bound somehow to make appearances and stuff.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]

Here's a guy that IMO plays Ok, no problem with that. He has claimed that he 'doesn't want to carry the responsibility of World Champion' essentially it's too much trouble...(but would like the money..) that's in print and on video.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought he seemed to be expressing is that interview was that he didn't want the fame, he's a behind the scenes kind of guy. And second, he has a career that he doesn't intend to leave and didn't know what kind of ambassador he would be.

That whole interview has been blown out of reasonable proportion. I think it was just a guy talking off the cuff who hasn't slept much and has been playing high intensity poker for days and is faced with the real possibility he might win.
[ QUOTE ]

I thought he was disrespectful to Allen (among others') when he knocked him out (with the worst hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

Disrespectful how? His table talk and how he told each opponent what sort of hand he was holding? YOu hold a high standard.

The worst hand? TT vs KJ is a close coin flip. More often he had his opponents dominated.
[ QUOTE ]

He CONTINUES to get Chan's opinions DURING THE GAME (one player to a hand?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just showing your ignorance of poker rules.

[ QUOTE ]

I question his ettiquete, table talk goes too far IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matter of opinion. Certainly far less than Mike M and some others. More than most pros would do. I found it entertaining.
[ QUOTE ]

The deck has hit this guy who appears from that couldn't carry the lunch of most pros IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The deck did hit him hard, but I don't hold that against him. He's not a pro, so I don't think it should be expected that he rank among the best. However, every single pro was very complimentry of his play when they were talking to Phil and Ali.I think he played outstanding big stack poker.
[ QUOTE ]

He acts IMO like he's God's gift. Sorry but this guy currently disgusts me and I'm sad that he apparently will represent the 'World Champion' for a game that most of us love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see his post game interview? If not, hopefully it's around somewhere, it certainly changed my mind of him. I really had no feelings one way or the other except amusement at all the hate. After watching the interview I think he's a pretty good guy.

[ QUOTE ]

What a joke. My opinion, sorry if I offend anyone, it's not intentional. Turned out to be one of the weakest final tables in recent years IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was weak. I look forward to seeing the hole cards, it's hard to believe the other players played so weak unless they were being dealt trash every hand.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lying at the poker table?????

SAY IT AINT SO!

[/ QUOTE ]

This calls for a full investigation. I have no doubt that the Nevada Gaming Commission will be very interested in these allegations. OP, you may have blown the lid completely off this one. The game of poker may never be the same.