Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Suited fun in the BB

Check raise the flop. That board is reasonably nice for you and the C/R should keep MP3 on his toes. Also, your hand is vulnerable to any overcards that you should want to get rid of, which is why I would rather a C/R on the flop than the turn.

I have a question for you now. You C/R the turn thinking you're still ahead and trying to force out MP1. What was your plan if you didn't get lucky on the river? C/C? B/C? B/F? Anyone feel free to chime in with their ideas. I want to bet any safe river card and check/call others.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM

im done well will agree to disagree. but straights and flushes are better to draw from late. and a 79 is a one gapper with one hell of an ability to get an expensive conterfited flush. that it for me on this post. s and flushes rarely occur.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im done well will agree to disagree. but straights and flushes are better to draw from late. and a 79 is a one gapper with one hell of an ability to get an expensive conterfited flush. that it for me on this post. s and flushes rarely occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are uncomfortable playing these hands then don't. There are situations where they are profitable, and calling getting an immediate 5:1 and an implied 7:1 is one of them. The hand is easy to get away from and when a micro limit player goes too far with unimproved overs your junky pair will win enough to make up for the times you miss the flop and fold. Do you call two with this? No, not without many more people in the pot in front of you. But we've already paid half the price of admission.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:33 PM

accually want to add 1 more thing. i bet that out of the 7 hands you get to see to break even. the one that you will have won by the river you still end up folding on the flop. thank you and good night.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... a 79 is a one gapper with one hell of an ability to get an expensive conterfited flush. that it for me on this post. s and flushes rarely occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

yuk
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]