Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you handle this situation?
Exactly the way I did? 8 13.11%
Tell her she's boring and you want to go chill with your friends? 0 0%
Buy her a bunch of shots so she passes out and you don't have to deal with her anymore? 4 6.56%
Try to bang her? 42 68.85%
Other 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: $22 - Blocking Sharkscope

I ended up blocking my SN from Sharkscope thinking it was -EV but I sorta regret it now even though my PT has all of my stats and I can sort through it. I used to always have people calling me out at the beginning of SNGs but I guess I could care less if they know im a winning player. The profits really are accurate in the free searches, the ROI%'s are skewed though for people who play in the 180 player SNGs.. I was thinking about paying for the service but I already have SNGPT/PT/PAHUD. I do like to use the free searches(all day long with proxies) though on people who are pushing a lot to see how legit they must be.. definately helps.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My SN isn't blocked from sharkscope and even if it was, it would matter/affect my EV. I run into 2+2ers [and I know how they play] in my $6.50s and $16s all the time and I'm fine. Then again, they don't know my SN, so I guess it's +EV. I plan to keep it that way as long as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You, sir, are balling out of control $6.50 and $16 at a time . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight_Risk
Old 08-10-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My SN isn't blocked from sharkscope and even if it was, it would matter/affect my EV. I run into 2+2ers [and I know how they play] in my $6.50s and $16s all the time and I'm fine. Then again, they don't know my SN, so I guess it's +EV. I plan to keep it that way as long as possible.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. This alone is worth at least 8, maybe 10 cents per sng.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now had I said the same thing to ALReturnsLOL, the whole of STTF would've came to his rescue proclaiming him the voice of the low limit players. How foul of you, bones.

Flight_Risk
Old 08-10-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now had I said the same thing to ALReturnsLOL, the whole of STTF would've came to his rescue proclaiming him the voice of the low limit players. How foul of you, bones.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing personal. I just find it hilarious that you constantly tout this huge edge that you feel you have because you know who the $6 regulars are and how they play, but they don't know you. It's worth literally cents.

It's like bragging about how you know someone at the post office who lets you send mail using the .37 stamp.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:10 PM

I dont think it really affects EV much. I blocked mine just because I dont want others to know how much I make, or maybe some time in the future, how much I lose this month.

BTW, I had suzzer's stats before he blocked it))
Old 08-10-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing personal. I just find it hilarious that you constantly tout this huge edge that you feel you have because you know who the $6 regulars are and how they play, but they don't know you. It's worth literally cents.

It's like bragging about how you know someone at the post office who lets you send mail using the .37 stamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me where in my OP do you see me bragging. And I don't mean make up something out of thin air just because you wanna join the ribfest.

Flight_Risk
Old 08-10-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets start a list of wussy 2+2ers who block their screenname? I'll start:

suzzer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When sharkscope first came out, it had all my stats from all online poker-- which is almost all the poker I ever played. These included some ugly mega-losing months early before I discovered 2p2, then also my horrid April. I got tired of donkeys harassing me about my stats when I sucked out on them, so I blocked it. I'm really not regretting that decision now with their new policy.

I'm not sure how you guys can say on the one hand that it's very useful to you to sharkscope, but on the other hand not -ev at all to the person being scoped. That makes no sense to me. I'll happily take the default -5% ROI and all the level 1 calls/reraises that go with it.

Edit: curtains - I'm touched you cared enough to check on me.