Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Help improving my game - how specifics

I have been playing casually in a home game for several years. I have been one of the better players b/c I read and try to apply what I've read. Mostly we've played low-limit Holdem and a couple times a year we would have a larger sized turnout for a $60 buy-in tournament. I won once (out of 26 people) place third (out of 34) once. In tournaments I would mostly play a patient, tight aggressive style that seemed to work out fine.

Recently, my group has wanted to play more sit'n'go type tournaments (with 7-9 of us) or small stakes NL cash games. Over the past several months (6-8 sessions) I've been getting slaughtered - wiped out in cash games and no money in the tourneys. I know the sample size may not be huge, but I feel like my game has slipped.

I wanted to make an effort to play online to help improve my game. First off - I am not even sure if this translates. However, I have been mostly trickling money out of my account at the smallest stakes with no real sense as to whether I am improving. I downloaded and installed Pokertracker. I am not sure what I should be evaluating.

I suppose my questions are:

1. What stats do I want to start looking at? (There is so much info to absorb)
2. should I replay/analyze individual hands?

This may seem silly, but how to start analyzing my game has me paralyzed

Thanks.