Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Four vs. Thirteen
Back to the Future 154 81.48%
Westworld 35 18.52%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Avatar Garage

someone want to make me a "Resevoir Dogs" avatar, or a Donnie Darko "6 foot scary bunny" avatar? Prrrrreeeeeeeeessssee?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:15 PM

Stuey,

What a kickazz idea for a thread!!

I am a complete idiot when it comes to avatars- looking for the club scene in Vanilla Sky where a disfigured Tom Cruise pops pills and/or shouts PATROOOOOOONE!!!! while slamming shots with the bartender. Any part of that club scene would ROCK!!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any possible way you could make an avatar out like frames between like 4:20 - 4:28 of this video?

Or maybe when the window rolls down in this video?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stuey-

Big Auburn fan here. Could you hit me with the beginning of this AUsome Ronnie Brown video? War Eagle

Feel free to augment with any creative touches to make it smoother/more badass.

Thanks!

p.s. - leave out the very beginning with the "nag" part, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably won't use this one, but thought you'd appreciate it. Would be better with sound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DukeSucks,

This is AUsome. Could you include the part where the defender's helmet comes off? If it takes away from the overall seamlessness of it then it's cool the way it is.

Seeing "Tiger" fly down to the field before a game gives me goosebumps.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stuey and the Garage-

For a long time, I thought I was the only one with a Sideshow Bob avatar. It seems, however, that Hornacek also has a Sideshow Bob. Leaving aside the question of why he doesn't have a picture of Hornacek as his avatar, I suppose it's time for a change. Can you hook me up with an awesome Serpico avatar?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey-

I like them both, but I think that animated avatars can be too distracting. Can you make one that's paused on his face for a long time, but every once in a while shows the animation?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi again,

I tried to do this myself, but failed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I read your post above, and it sounded like imageready was what I wanted. I searched the Adobe website, but couldn't find a link to download it. It turns out, though, that the 30-day PhotoShop CS trial comes with ImageReady, so I tried that.

So, I opened up the static image and the animation in ImageReady. In the animation, I duplicated the first frame. Then, I clicked on the static image, Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+C to copy, clicked back the first frame of the animation and Ctrl+V to paste. Then, I changed the delay on the first frame to 15 seconds. Looks good.

But, I can't figure out how to save it. ImageReady only wants to let me save it as a PSD. If I click "Edit in PhotoShop," I can go to File->Save for Web, which looks a little better. In fact, I can save it as an animated GIF from there. The only problem is that it completely jacks up the colors, and everything looks really washed out.

How do I save it so that it looks good?

Thanks!

-poincaraux
Old 08-12-2006, 01:33 PM

Wanna make a sweet SP av??
Old 08-12-2006, 03:03 PM

poin,

In ImageReady save it as an "optimized" file. You will now be able to save the file as an animated gif.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:27 PM

Kipin-

Thanks! That let me save it as an animated gif from within ImageReady. When I did so, it still looked washed out:

I noticed that one of the windows had a panel that had a tab called optimized. In that one, under color table, I changed Reduction from "Custom" to "Restrictive (web)" and I got this:

Actually, after cycling through the various options, most of them look fine. Here's "Perceptual," whatever that means:

None of them look quite as good as the original, though. Those menus make it seem like I'm stuck with a 64-color palette. Is that right? If so, does it mean that I can't get something quite as nice as the PSD?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:22 AM

Stuey,

I really like this avatar:

I'd like to use it as my AIM buddy icon, but it says the maximum file size is 7168 bytes. Is there any way to shrink it to this size? What if it was no longer animated, but instead just a still of Buster holding up the puppet? Would it fit the requirements then?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:07 AM

around 2:38 in this video. Just the part with the old man + cigar. If you can make something cooler w/ other parts of the video so be it. But the old man w/ smoke rolling seems like it'd be cool.

thanks,

jrbick