Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Another Girlfriend Trouble Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When did her flight land? There is a good chance he is pissing on her face right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 PM

Sorry for the minor hijack, but....

I've recently become the "Emily" in the situation below. I'm cool with "Ross" (my girlfriend) still hanging with her group of friends*, but I don't want to join her when she does because the site/thought of "Rachel" hurts me. I trust her 100%, but I just don't want anything to do with "Rachel." Is that OK, or am I being petty/jealous?

* The two main differences between this group of friends and the TV show is that my girlfriend's group has about 50 people in it (as opposed to the 6 on the show) and various members of it hang out together maybe once a month (as opposed to daily like on the show).

[ QUOTE ]
2) Ross has girlfriend Rachel. They break up but eventually become friends while hanging out in the same social circle often. Then Ross meets Emily and they become involved in a serious relationship. Here it would not be appropriate for Emily to discourage Ross from having a friendship with Rachel. This would be an unreasonably jealous act.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 PM

I think not wanting to hang out with the guy is completely reasonable.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think not wanting to hang out with the guy is completely reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. What would be unreasonable is trying to prevent her from doing so and acting like a jealous retard every time she does.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:12 PM

uhhh confusing, you should edit

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the minor hijack, but....

I've recently become the "Emily" in the situation below. I'm cool with "Ross" (my girlfriend) still hanging with her group of friends*, but I don't want to join her when she does because the site/thought of "Rachel" hurts me. I trust her 100%, but I just don't want anything to do with "Rachel." Is that OK, or am I being petty/jealous?

* The two main differences between this group of friends and the TV show is that my girlfriend's group has about 50 people in it (as opposed to the 6 on the show) and various members of it hang out together maybe once a month (as opposed to daily like on the show).

[ QUOTE ]
2) Ross has girlfriend Rachel. They break up but eventually become friends while hanging out in the same social circle often. Then Ross meets Emily and they become involved in a serious relationship. Here it would not be appropriate for Emily to discourage Ross from having a friendship with Rachel. This would be an unreasonably jealous act.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhh confusing, you should edit

[/ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend occasionally hangs out with a big group of her friends, one of which is her boyfriend from two years ago. She has told me that she has zero feelings for him and there is no chance anything would ever happen between them again, and I completely believe her.

I have no problems with her hanging out with this group. But I don't want to have anything to do with the guy, so I refuse to go with her when she sees these people. This bugs her, because these friends are important to her and she wishes I could participate in that part of her life.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:25 PM

Buffett - reasonable... but you should probably look into getting over it and start hanging out with her friends.

-Al
Old 08-10-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend occasionally hangs out with a big group of her friends, one of which is her boyfriend from two years ago. She has told me that she has zero feelings for him and there is no chance anything would ever happen between them again, and I completely believe her.

I have no problems with her hanging out with this group. But I don't want to have anything to do with the guy, so I refuse to go with her when she sees these people. This bugs her, because these friends are important to her and she wishes I could participate in that part of her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being a baby, get over it. You're lucky she wants you to hang out with her friends and her x being there.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:34 PM

why don't you want anything to do with him? i think you're being completely unreasonable here by refusing to have anything to do with him at all. you don't have to be his best friend foreva.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update: I never really thought my girlfriend was going to cheat on me, and I still don't. She left for Washington earlier today.

When I talked to her earlier tonight, I told her I was only upset because she wasn't upfront with me, and I don't even mind if she sees this guy. Which I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did she cheat on you or not? Are you two engaged now?