Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: What\'s standard $$$ when a site \"signs\" a player to promote them?

I have no idea on numbers at all, but I am pretty sure Greg made a comment that included a "most favored nation" kind of deal, I will try to search for it. But, the way I understood it he signed with PS with some sort of "you pay them more than me, I get that plus a buck"

edit:

this is the quote
(from Shaniac)
[ QUOTE ]

I stayed with Justin in Paris, and he mentioned something about "being in talks" with Pokerstars and inking deal that would make Raymer's and Moneymaker's "look like chump change." Can't wait to see the new Pokerstars.net comemrcials featuring our young Justin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg's response
[ QUOTE ]

More power to him. I hope that he gets PS to sign a deal paying him $50 million a year. Seriously. Ever heard of a most favored nations clause? ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

its located here
Old 08-10-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: What\'s standard $$$ when a site \"signs\" a player to promote them?

That post was tongue-in-cheek.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Surprised that people would make 8 year deals. 8 years seems to be a long time to assume that poker will continue to have the shine that merits paying folks big money endorsement deals.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surprised that people would make 8 year deals. 8 years seems to be a long time to assume that poker will continue to have the shine that merits paying folks big money endorsement deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or that the player sponsered will still have the shine to attract other players.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:30 AM

TheGrinder got $750,000 upfront, plus all tournament fees, and he plays for 90%. He also gets a salary, but I don't know how much.

This isn't my speculation, this is 99% accurate. Can't say how I know.

Also, the was supposedly the biggest deal to date other than Raymer and Heachem, but I don't know everyone else's deal, so who knows.

Most of the deals I've heard of are something like...tournament fees, playing for 60%, plus $10k a month. But it all depends on the player. Internet players that aren't well known to the TV watching crowd, like Jordan Morgan, probably aren't getting that good of a deal.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TheGrinder got $750,000 upfront, plus all tournament fees, and he plays for 90%. He also gets a salary, but I don't know how much.

This isn't my speculation, this is 99% accurate. Can't say how I know.

Also, the was supposedly the biggest deal to date other than Raymer and Heachem, but I don't know everyone else's deal, so who knows.

Most of the deals I've heard of are something like...tournament fees, playing for 60%, plus $10k a month. But it all depends on the player. Internet players that aren't well known to the TV watching crowd, like Jordan Morgan, probably aren't getting that good of a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a sick sick deal.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Isnt 2+2er stevepa signed up to play exclusively at pokerstars online? Hes one of the guys that won a WPT event and thats it, altough he really is a great tourney player. You should send him a PM or see if hed be nice enough to post here.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TheGrinder got $750,000 upfront, plus all tournament fees, and he plays for 90%.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? I'm pretty sure it means that Absolute gets 10% of his winnings, but I'm not certain.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:02 PM

KK,

"The one thing I don't know is the per month salary, which could be significant."

That's what I was referring to.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TheGrinder got $750,000 upfront, plus all tournament fees, and he plays for 90%.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? I'm pretty sure it means that Absolute gets 10% of his winnings, but I'm not certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what that means, he gets 90% of whatever he wins in the tournaments. Which I'm told it pretty high compared to most deals out there. Apparently there are a lot of players playing for 50-70 percent.