Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Custome Rules Share - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MY turn to post my PTAGG problems.

SO I set the Agg running overnight on both my laptop and desktop computers (they both have the same DBs on them).

I wake up this morning and find that on my DESKTOP, the PTAGG window is just blank (whereas it had the text showing the progress of my import when i had gone to bed)...so at first i thought 'cool, it finished creating the AGG DB'...but then I checked the LOG tab and the last few entries show:

Job Error - Error - ERROR: out of memory*DETAIL: Failed on request of size 64
Job - Error - ERROR: out of memory*DETAIL: Failed on request of size 64

Then I check my C drive and to my surrpise it shows me that I am using 99.5% of my HD space...even though I'm nearly positive that I've never been above 60% or so...
1) Is it possible PTAGG created something that sapped up a huge chunk of my HD space?
2) Is my HD space what those log errors are referring to?

On my laptop, i woke to find that PTAGG was still plugging away...currently showing 49.3% complete...but I don't know whether that just refers to a single DB (and it will start at 0% as soon as it completes), or to the entire import process for all 5 of the DBs i'm trying to aggregate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears there is a memory leak in PtAgg. When you shut it down, how much memory did you have on your C: drive? I'll look into it.

And don't worry, if you stop it and restart the import process, it just starts where it left off. It always starts up from zero, but the Max # you see it going up to should be lower since it already imported records.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

SO I let my laptop keep running PTAGG (the problems i described above were on my desktop)...and same thing happened...the import screen went blank (so i thought i had finished successfully)...but then i decided to check the log tab, and sure enough, the last few entries were Job Error - Error - Out of Memory.

Again, I checked my hard drive space, and it seemed like i had far LESS free space on my HD than i did before the import (i'm not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure). What type of file is PTAGG creating that so damn big??

Is the PTAGG database correctly in place? Or did the 'error' indicate that it did not complete successfully?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, well if that's the case, then my I suggest a more user-friendly GUI while PTAGG does its import so that it's clear just where in the overall process it is...e.g. it could say "importing from DB 1 of 5" and show a status bar, as well as showing how many more DBs are left to go...i think you know what i'm trying to say: given that the process can take DAYS for those of us with bigger and multiple DBs, there just needs to be an easy way for the user to see just what PTAGG is doing, and where it is in the overall process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. That will be in the next build.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

Question about this weird loop going on:

For the last hour or so, the log file has done nothing but repeat these lines:

Begin Importing Databases
Importing Database: PT1 (the name of my DB)
Importing Database: PT2
Importing Database: PT3
Importing Database: PT4
Importing Complete: PT4

The above lines are not just getting repeated over and over, and in the JOBS tab, it just keeps saying "Waiting for next loop", and counts down from 60 seconds, then the lines above are repeated in the LOG tab, and then the 60second countdown restarts.

So WTF does all this mean? Did the PTTAGG DB get created properly? Is there some way to check whether it imported stats from all 5 DBs?? The only one that it's giving me that "Importing Complete" text for seems to be PT4.

Here's a pic of what my import tab looks like:

Old 08-10-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SO I let my laptop keep running PTAGG (the problems i described above were on my desktop)...and same thing happened...the import screen went blank (so i thought i had finished successfully)...but then i decided to check the log tab, and sure enough, the last few entries were Job Error - Error - Out of Memory.

Again, I checked my hard drive space, and it seemed like i had far LESS free space on my HD than i did before the import (i'm not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure). What type of file is PTAGG creating that so damn big??

Is the PTAGG database correctly in place? Or did the 'error' indicate that it did not complete successfully?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to restart PTAgg on your laptop for it to complete. Apparently there is a memory leak in PTAgg that just builds up the longer it imports. That should be fixed in the next release hopefully.

-Ben
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question about this weird loop going on:

For the last hour or so, the log file has done nothing but repeat these lines:

Begin Importing Databases
Importing Database: PT1 (the name of my DB)
Importing Database: PT2
Importing Database: PT3
Importing Database: PT4
Importing Complete: PT4

The above lines are not just getting repeated over and over, and in the JOBS tab, it just keeps saying "Waiting for next loop", and counts down from 60 seconds, then the lines above are repeated in the LOG tab, and then the 60second countdown restarts.

So WTF does all this mean? Did the PTTAGG DB get created properly? Is there some way to check whether it imported stats from all 5 DBs?? The only one that it's giving me that "Importing Complete" text for seems to be PT4.

[/ QUOTE ]

That loop is normal. It will do that every minute just to check when there is new data in those databases. That way it can keep PTAgg up-to-date. There is a bug with the log text though, the "Complete" message shouldn't name the last database, because its really complete for all the databases.

On the Report menu, you could run the Report to see how many players and player*hands it has imported. "player*hands" is players times the number of hands. So if you had 100 games with 10 players for each game, player*hands is 1,000. You can probably just divide by 10 (or 6), to get an idea of how many games are loaded.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, YES, your ptagg database was created properly & completely imported.

-Ben
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I uninstalled everything, restarted my pc, installed SS, reconfigured my databases, run the aggregator and i get ONLY the "testdb database missing" error while it continues normally to import. When i press the "Num stats by game type" on the "Reports" TAB (playing around) i get a couple of error messages. Tell me its not important please :P

Edit: I have 8 big databases and it will take 1 day to finish the import for each. But i can close it and reopen it and it will resume. Do i understand it correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just put up Build 37, I think it should fix that. Let me know.

And yes, you should be able to stop and restart without any problems.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

With the .37 i dont get the "testdb not found" error but when i click the reports i get a "NumStatByGametype: Type mismatch for field 'game_type' expecting: WideMemo, actual: WideString" error. The import seems to be working BTW

Edit: Is there a way for SS to use my databases while it waits for the agg database to build? I dont get to see any stats on the tables/players even after i hit refresh or even after i restart SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just repeating my post with the error that i encountered since you probably missed in.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 AM

can't i use pt agg without i having postgre installed? (you mentioned a way to remove the password prompt when running pt agg)

all my databases are access.

if not can you please help me by telling me what do i need to download and install from here http://www.postgresql.org/download/

thank you!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't i use pt agg without i having postgre installed? (you mentioned a way to remove the password prompt when running pt agg)

all my databases are access.

if not can you please help me by telling me what do i need to download and install from here http://www.postgresql.org/download/

thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, PTAgg request Postgres server is installed because that is where it stores the aggregated data.

Follow the instructions from PokerTracker (link below) on how to install Postgres on your machine. It would probably be easiest if you upgraded your Access db's to postgres first. You don't have to do that, but if you don't then in PTAgg you will have to manually configure all of your Access db's with the "Add Database" button on the config form.

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6310

-Ben
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the .37 i dont get the "testdb not found" error but when i click the reports i get a "NumStatByGametype: Type mismatch for field 'game_type' expecting: WideMemo, actual: WideString" error. The import seems to be working BTW

Edit: Is there a way for SS to use my databases while it waits for the agg database to build? I dont get to see any stats on the tables/players even after i hit refresh or even after i restart SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, that's strange. Are you running version 8.0 of PostgreSQL? You can check by running the pgAdmin III tool in the PostgreSQL folder.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Did you by any chance install one of the bad builds (Build 30-34)? These had some bugs. If you did use one of those, then it might be best to delete your ptagg database (you can do that from pgAdmin III tool), and then do a re-import.

-Ben
Old 08-10-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Importing Custom Search Rules

How can I get your search category rules into SixthSense?
I've save the xml as CategoryRules.xml, but they do not show up in the custom scoring window. I tried to import them, but but that did not seem to work either.

MKR
Old 08-10-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Importing Custom Search Rules

Import/Export works. What problem did you have with that?

-Ben