Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: KK in trouble?

This Tommy is young and hyperaggressive. He'll either have a mountain of chips or none. The older fellow with big ears is none other than the "famous" Norman.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he plays like a maniac, but only against correct types of opponents. i have seen that kid make monster laydowns (some were kind of close calls)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of his "monster laydowns" aren't very good. See my other thread.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM

MGT spews against me all the time.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who he is now and the same is true 100% for me. I think he has it out for me after a couple button resteal suckouts on my part.

I pulled a sexy against him last night on an A high, raggedy, busted flush board and he insta-3bet. I called with AQ. "Good call. king high."
Old 08-09-2006, 11:34 AM

So I take it Tommy is LAG and the young kid is unknown but playing back at him? Anyway...

I think you should call 2 more on the flop and take it from there. I think there is enough chance that you are behind that I wouldn't want to keep jambing, but the pot is large enough and KK strong enough that I wouldn't be looking to fold just yet either.

Hand 2: I would bet this flop mainly for value, but also in the hope that SleepyJoe (is he a blind poster or 2+2 poster? normally I would suspect 2+2, but since you know guys named "Machine Gun" I wouldn't put it past you to know guys named "Sleepy Joe" either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) would raise to keep the kid from doing something like check/raising you on the turn with a hand you beat when you are behind to CO's AA.

EDIT: My response to hand 2 wasn't worded as well as it could have been. A better way to put it is that I think you should bet the flop because the pot is big and your hand is strong, so now I think it's time to try to maximize your chances of winning it. I feel betting out is the best way to accomplish this.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This Tommy is young and hyperaggressive. He'll either have a mountain of chips or none. The older fellow with big ears is none other than the "famous" Norman.

[/ QUOTE ]

heres the player description of norman: good for the game.

level of importance to be at his table: EXTREME
Old 08-10-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he plays like a maniac, but only against correct types of opponents. i have seen that kid make monster laydowns (some were kind of close calls)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of his "monster laydowns" aren't very good. See my other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but some of them are very good and are well thought out. trust me, that kid doesn't like laying down many hands, but when he lays them down it usually has a purpose, regardless of immediate impact/win rate
Old 08-10-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who he is now and the same is true 100% for me. I think he has it out for me after a couple button resteal suckouts on my part.

I pulled a sexy against him last night on an A high, raggedy, busted flush board and he insta-3bet. I called with AQ. "Good call. king high."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah he does some whacky things at times, but he gets you to overplay your hands in big spots like the post barry made here. which is how he squeezes out a profit in the game. the small heads up pots is not where he makes his money. so i think with people who have experience playing with him, this post is of utmost importance/relevance.