Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: couple of hands from my first 100/200 session

1: I'm not a fan of the always call instead of raise plan from the BB, and because I would never use that plan I have no idea how to play postflop given that you did [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. But I personally haven't seen enough to be comfortable with a fold on the river, especially given your description.

2: Seems reasonable. I do find that ppl fake a big hand more often than they have one when they check on the flop after raising pre, so I sometimes like to bet that flop. This seems even better if you haven't been 3-betting with Ax.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, must've been Peter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, must have been him if you were in the game with him earlier. But an asian Layne Flack? I guess I dont see that one.....
Old 08-10-2006, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sure you aren't scared money here? You're playing into his hands by not diversifying your preflop strategy more. Then you pick an awfully bad flop to check-raise; I would play this with a peel-n-feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we give Villain an open range of 40-45% from the button, Hero equity with AK on a QT8 flop is >60%. assuming that button bets out >90% on the flop if checked to him this is a kind of valueraise in this spot. Is it an illusion that hands from 22-77 could fold to the C/R here?
I of course agree, that the C/R is not the line to get most value if hero is ahead on the flop (bluffinducing etc) but in combination with Heros huge equity and the marginal chance to make villain lay down a better hand I don't think this flop is THAT awful.
As I already told I would hate it much more on a T97 flop e.g.