Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Straight on paired board w/ deep stacks

BB in this hand has been playing pretty maniacly, but is still a good player. He has made a few overbet shoves and shown bluffs, but he's always picked spots where it seems highly unlikely that someone would call him. He's used his maniacal image to sucker people into putting money in postflop with marginal holdings, and has sucked out once when he was all in preflop. He doubled me up when I completed in the SB with TT and called his shove (he had 87s). I've been hoping to find a spot to trap him.

MP isn't great and somewhat unpredictable because he doesn't seem to know how to react to BB's aggression.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($12.45)
MP ($39.51)
CO ($13.63)
Button ($17.80)
Hero ($74.55)
BB ($86.83)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($1) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $5, BB calls $84.58 (All-In), MP calls $34.26 (All-In), Hero...?

OK, first of all, I'm unsure about the line I took in this hand. I was hoping that BB would do something crazy and I could trap him, but the situation played out wierd. The flop checks around. BB makes a bet, and MP raises, and I call. I can't really reraise here, I don't think. After the reraise and the cold call, BB still decides to shove. MP calls. I have about $70 behind now. Call or fold?

Regardless if your answer to that, I'd like to know what the worst hand you call with in this spot is.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Straight on paired board w/ deep stacks

I'm folding. with two villians willing to go all in here, I'm thinking one of them may have filled up here. I'm not crazy going all in with a straight when a possible full house is out there.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:08 AM

I agree with homeslice. You might be drawing dead, and if you're not, there are probably 10 outs that fill up one of them to kill you. You are in the hand pretty cheaply now, and the idea of risking 3 buy ins on a hand that is likely beat is nuts to me.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:48 PM

What's the worst hand you're calling with here? Do you fold JJ too?