Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 04:56 PM

Default dealt AK,made T840,,now you know the rest of the story,,GOOD DAY!!

Figured this little bit of events needed a little Paul Harvey refernce; here goes:

I get dealt slick in BB and have 2460 in chips; about a minute and a half later I have 3300 in chips. The sick part of this is that I lost an all in with the AK leaving me with only T 30 left in the party $300 today. The UTG had 2450 and made it 650 to go all fold to me in BB with 2460, I push and he instacalls and flips over ace queen off. Of course the flop comes with a couple queens and I'm about to turn the computer off and watch the first half of the DVR/PITT game. Then blah blah, the guy tells me he's sorry,,,goes on to thank party poker in the chat box and I just bite my tongue. The problem is that I have ten f-ing chips left, YA THAT'S RIGHT I SAID TEN F-ING CHIPS (phew , it fealt a little better to yell it out that time), and I'm a masochist. I watch helpless as my 2 red chips are posted in the small blind. I stare blankly at the screen as the first card dealt to me is a queen,,,well , I think to myself, at least it's a face , maybe I can connect on the next one, lol. Of course my other card is a 4,,Oh wait but it's sooted!! Utg limps all fold to BB, who checks.

Flop is : ace ,4 , 7 rainbow and woohoo ,there's hope!
Turn's a queen and river didn't matter. In the immortal words George Costanza ,, I'm back , baby !!

Hand #2: Hero= T 30 and dealt K 8 OFF,,,,utg limps for 200, all fold to button who makes it 700 to go,,I'm about to fold but then I start thinking... The button just "protected" me in a sick sort of way. The UTG probably won't call as the blinds most likely will not either, so I throw my precious 30 chips in there getting four to one on my money and of course behind but probably heads up with a better than a four to one shot. Blinds fold, utg folds and we are indeed heads up, he shows queens ,,now worries , King on flop and it holds up.
Now I'm in business! ( I still don't have enough to post the big blind, lol)

Hand #3: I get dealt ace deuce off on button but don't call a middle position raise and decide to chuck it, as I have 7 or 8 hands where I can hopefully pick and choose a better spot where I'm first in and only go against a BB.

Hand#4: Hero= T 150 and dealt King 9 off , all fold to me, I call ,,then bad news ,, a raise to 550 and an all-in for 1500 ,initial raiser calls , so it looks like my little comeback party is all but over. They flip over ace 9 and a pair of eights,,,
Flop comes: 2 4 6 all hearts , I frown, pick up the t.v. remote to find that game I was going to watch,,then a magical king hits the turn! Oh but wait, it's another friggain heart, I scour the table; low and behold no heart to be found, yippee! River is a 7. No worries..

Hand #5: Hero= T 600 and dealt queen six off....

all fold to me so I push and get called by late position as everyone else folds. The guy flips over king ten .
FLOP = J 9 6 rainbow, turn Jack, river Ace.

NO WORRIES!

Hand # 6: Hero = T 1500 and dealt ten six off and folds.
Hand # 7: Hero = T 1500 and dealt AK,, i PUSH in 5 seat
hoping someone will think I'm speeding because I'm feeling invincible. Someone does call with a good hand, ( ace , queen ) and my hand holds up.

NO WORRIES!
7 hands and two minutes later , went from ten chips to 3,300.

Edit: As I was writing this , I eventually got up to over 22,000 and you guessed it: Got dealt AK, went all in against big stack and lost,, picked up remote, lol, ( had 700 chips left, blinds 200-400 ) and started to make a run up over 5,000 again. Of course when I finally did get busted, I once again had Ace King.

....True story.
and , oh ya: F . U. ACE KING
Old 01-22-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: dealt AK,made T840,,now you know the rest of the story,,GOOD DAY!!

cool sotry
Old 01-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: dealt AK,made T840,,now you know the rest of the story,,GOOD DAY!!

[ QUOTE ]
cool sotry

[/ QUOTE ]

nh