Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Erik Friberg is superior to anyone else

Pretty sure it was a swedish newspaper.. (im swede)
Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 PM

– Det är nio spelare kvar. Och jag är överlägset bäst av dom, säger han till sportbladet.se.
"There´s nine player left. And i´m superior" says Erik Friberg to sportbladet.se
Old 08-09-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A Swedish newspaper claims that Erik Friberg said in an interview that he is a much better player than anyone else at the final table. Comments...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a silly thing to say. I don't think there is anybody in the world who is "much" better than Allen. Not saying he's the best there is, but he is certainly good enough that those who are better than him are not "much" better.

Hopefully, Erik was misquoted or taken out of context. If not, his ego will be his undoing, even if he is a very talented player.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-09-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's a silly thing to say. I don't think there is anybody in the world who is "much" better than Allen. Not saying he's the best there is, but he is certainly good enough that those who are better than him are not "much" better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that at this final table and the WSOP structure, Cunningham is probably the best player and has an edge on Friberg. However if everybody had 200BB stacks, or if they were playing a NL cash game, Friberg's statement would probably be right. Maybe that's what he wanted to say with "being a much better player". I feel that in Europe and especially scandinavia, cash game ability is much higher rated than tournament skill.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Swedish newspaper claims that Erik Friberg said in an interview that he is a much better player than anyone else at the final table. Comments...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, Erik was misquoted or taken out of context.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

We can only hope.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 PM

Greg, is there one of the nine that you'd "rather" see win and join your exclusive fraternity?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 PM

It's possible that between the reporter's quoting him and the translation from Sweedish it got misinterpreted. I assume he meant to say he was one of the better players left or as good as anyone left.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible that between the reporter's quoting him and the translation from Sweedish it got misinterpreted. I assume he meant to say he was one of the better players left or as good as anyone left.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reporter's quoting could certainly be wrong, but the translation is right. He says that he is "superior" or "by far the best player". He seems like kind of a cocky guy from what I've seen but I think that part of it is just about getting a psychological advantage. Or living up to a reputation... kind of like the stuff Hellmuth does. I'm just speculating though...
Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reporter's quoting could certainly be wrong, but the translation is right. He says that he is "superior" or "by far the best player". He seems like kind of a cocky guy from what I've seen but I think that part of it is just about getting a psychological advantage. Or living up to a reputation... kind of like the stuff Hellmuth does. I'm just speculating though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe he said it with a smile on his face, not being completely serious. That's more likely when I think about it...
Old 08-09-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote comes from a swedish paper