Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 02:14 AM

Default Does the rake equate to approx 2BB/100?

I read somewhere on 2+2 that the rake equates to approx 2BB/100. Is that correct?

So if PT says I am beating a level for XBB/100; can I assume I am beating it for (x+2)BB/100 without rake?

Many thanks
Ian
Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Does the rake equate to approx 2BB/100?

Poker tracker keeps track of your win rate including the rake.

If you want to know what effect the rake has on your hands directly you can check your total rake paid column and figure out what it is per hand.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:10 AM

It depends on the level and the site. I think 0.50/1 could be as bad as 3.5-4 BB/100. 5/10 is more like 1.5-2 BB/100.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:32 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1
Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker tracker keeps track of your win rate including the rake.

If you want to know what effect the rake has on your hands directly you can check your total rake paid column and figure out what it is per hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The winrate in PT is post-rake, not pre-rake.

13k hands of .50/1.00 6-max shows that 3.5BB/100 is taken by rake vs 2.7 BB/100 of 11k full ring.

Wow.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:48 PM

Two points:

One, remember, unless you're winning the rake doesn't matter.

Two, what difference does it make what your winrate is without the rake? How do you plan to get away from rake? Concentrate on playing good poker, which will get your net winrate up, then figure out how much you're paying in rake, bitch, move to WPX, bitch because there are only 1,000 rocks playing there at any given time, move back to Party/Stars/AP/yadayada, rinse and repeat.

Oh, and when you sign up for new accounts at different sites, make sure you try and get ra...urk...gurgle...strangle.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two points:

Two, what difference does it make what your winrate is without the rake? How do you plan to get away from rake? Concentrate on playing good poker, which will get your net winrate up, then figure out how much you're paying in rake, bitch, move to WPX, bitch because there are only 1,000 rocks playing there at any given time, move back to Party/Stars/AP/yadayada, rinse and repeat.

Oh, and when you sign up for new accounts at different sites, make sure you try and get ra...urk...gurgle...strangle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you can be winning, but the rake make it LOOK like you're losing. My sample-size-warning 1/2 full ring is like that atm.

KO
Old 08-09-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two points:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you can be winning, but the rake make it LOOK like you're losing. My sample-size-warning 1/2 full ring is like that atm.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Otter, if you're not winning after the rake, you're not winning. That's like saying you won $20 on your last trip to Vegas, but you spend $400 on room and board and $150 on gas.

The only way to win rake-free poker is to be beating up a home game (or WPX), and lemme tell ya, I got invited to play poker in the neighborhood game twice 3 years ago, and haven't been asked back since.

Bonii, rak...urk...gurgle...strangle, player points, etc, are all ways that we offset paying rake, but when taken at it's basic level, winning poker is beating both the table and the rake.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 PM

Yah, yah, I know what you're saying, and I don't disagree.

But it lets you know whether you have fundamental problems with your game, or if you're just a leaky boat.

If you're beating the game, but not the rake then the fundamentals might be there but you need to tweak an extra BB or two out of the game.

Yeah, it's the same thing... 'I'm (.5)BB/100' means the same thing as 'gee I'm 2BB/100 if I don't count the 2.5BB/100 rake'. And you gotta make the same tweaks regardless.

I know it's a stupid mental exercise akin to:

'I'm going 2070 miles an hour!'
'You are not, you're going 70mph'
'yeah, well if you count the rotation of the earth...'

But whatever...
Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 PM

You're only partially right, Boz. Say, for example, you're playing at Absolute where the rake is high, and you're breaking even. You may be a winner at Prima where the rake is lower and the caliber of the players is similar. Sure, it's nice to be able to beat the rake anywhere, but the rake is not a non-factor when deciding where to play.