Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Late in game $11r on stars, was this a bad fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call this really really quickly. Why are people advocating a fold?
Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Because AQ is a [censored] hand with a push and overpush in front of you. Not to mention that we still have some big stacks behind us and a very healthy stack ourselves. I fold this.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Indiana, I think you are wrong here man.

UTG has 7 BB's. His range is any broadway, any ace, any pair, and sometimes air.

MP's range is tighter, but not very much so. If he is a thinking player, he knows how wide of a range UTG has. A9+, 66+, KQ is reasonable.

In order for a call to be incorrect in terms of equity, the ranges would have to be super tight. And with their stack sizes both under 8 BB's, it's impossible to put their ranges so tight.

Don't think of it as a push and overpush. It's really just two shorties getting it all in.

And OP, if you didn't get the poitn previously, posting what they hand and the flop shows 1) That you are results oriented. If the flop came T-9-5-4-3 you obviously would've made the correct fold right? 2) It easily sways responses.

Brad
Old 08-09-2006, 11:58 AM

I dont think I like a fold here, at all. I can see a fold since there are a few stacks behind us but I like an isolation play here. Anyone behind should fold anything except AA/KK. UTG can be raising any Ax trying to steal the blinds before they really begin to cut into his already depleted stack. MP1 bothers me a bit, so what can he be pushing here? 99+, maybe even 66+, ATs+, KQs+. Why are people so afraid to play AQ? I like a shove here myself, and that even if i didnt know the results already. Given the range you put them on, I take the flip here. You would have ~T175k left if you lose and ~T400k with the win, yet another reason I take the flip here. T175k is more than enough to still play and not be in push/fold mode.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And OP, if you didn't get the poitn previously, posting what they hand and the flop shows 1) That you are results oriented. If the flop came T-9-5-4-3 you obviously would've made the correct fold right? 2) It easily sways responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it, Brad.