Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Any info on Event #41?

The $1500 NLHE? My buddy (who regertably doesn't use 2p2) is playing today, I don't want to call him if he's still playing (or busted this early but I'd like to know how a good way to try and follow his progress is (this is my first time trying to sweat someone so I apologize for my n00bness).

If someone can PM me (or find a record of how he's doing) it'd be a huge help.

His name is Kevin Brownell, and he plays on most poker sites as CubsFan.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Any info on Event #41?

I don't know that anyone is keeping track of anybody playing, unless possibly when everyone went into the money. When I busted out nobody had any way of knowing who I was.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM

Here's the results so far of Event 41:

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result13649.htm
Old 08-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the results so far of Event 41:

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result13649.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognize more names in that tourney than in the ME... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM

I just placed runner up in event #41. First WSOP tournament of my life and one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had.

Playing heads up with a bracelet on the table is hard to describe....

I am writing up a full trip report but first I wanted to thank all on these boards for ramping up my knowledge of the game a few levels.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:46 PM

The two day tournament turned into a three day tournament?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:31 PM

lol @ kevin brownell
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just placed runner up in event #41. First WSOP tournament of my life and one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had.
Playing heads up with a bracelet on the table is hard to describe....
I am writing up a full trip report but first I wanted to thank all on these boards for ramping up my knowledge of the game a few levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyler,

As the no name (Pat McCoy) player you knocked out 15th when you called my 32 K all in bet A10 spades from the small blind with your AJ diamonds - LOL and were quite exhuberant when I flipped over my cards and you saw my hand and realized you had me dominated. I am looking forward to reading your write up.

I played next to Paul K - Taishi (the winner) for the better part of 4 levels on day one and between him and Mike the Mouth Matasou at our table I needed earplugs.

At least Paul was an upbeat friendly guy but the guy just rambled on and on - not loud but just non stop and he honestly made it hard to concentrate.

Paul was a "feeling" player and certainly not afraid to put his chips at risk so any hand he cracked is not much of a shock. What I want to know is how the young kid Eric? that finished 5th pulled off that trick. He looked like he was ready to puke on his shoes every time he put chips into the pot and his all in over the top of Chris's SB QQ with his bb K6 off suit (where he survived by hitting a runner runner flush) was hard to believe. The only hand that I saw him play after that was when he and the player to your left both showed "AA" a few hands later. I assume he basically blinded his way to 5th but I am looking forward to your recap since I have found nothing on line.

Congrats!

The RealMcCoy
Old 08-08-2006, 12:12 PM

This was my first WSOP event, and I busted out around 300-350th. I had almost 4,000 in chips in the middle of level three, on an unbelievably tight table, #61 (I was the guy in the black shirt, brown hair, seat 8.) Opening with a raise won the blinds 95% of the time. For some dumb reason, I tried to steal the BB (the other big stack at the table) from the SB with a marginal hand and wound up bluffing off a thousand chips. My only really bad decision up to that point.

After getting blinded down to about 2300 at the very end of level four (100-200), I was in the SB with 88, and the player UTG raised it to 600. Folded around to me, and I didn't know what to do. I felt kinda short stacked, and we were going up to level 5 in a minute. So I went all in (?! - too impatient in retrospect, esp. against UTG's likely range of two overcards at worst). BB folded, UTG called with AK and hit his ace on the flop. Bye bye me.

I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it next year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Scottiek
Old 08-09-2006, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was my first WSOP event,

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

[ QUOTE ]
and I busted out around 300-350th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Less than 340 left when I went out.

[ QUOTE ]
For some dumb reason, I tried to steal the BB (the other big stack at the table) from the SB with a marginal hand and wound up bluffing off a thousand chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here except it was 500.

[ QUOTE ]
After getting blinded down to about 2300 at the very end of level four (100-200), I was in the SB with 88, and the player UTG raised it to 600. Folded around to me, and I didn't know what to do. I felt kinda short stacked, and we were going up to level 5 in a minute. So I went all in (?! - too impatient in retrospect, esp. against UTG's likely range of two overcards at worst). BB folded, UTG called with AK and hit his ace on the flop. Bye bye me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very similar here. They broke up our table after level 3 and I was cold-decked at the new table nearly all of level 4. There were 2 or 3 aggressive guys that I knew would raise me all in on any pot I entered, so it was basically pushbot time. Pushed with M of about 2 with suited K against AK. Oh well.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it next year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.