Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 05:31 AM

Default Re: UCSD meal plan: [censored] you

[ QUOTE ]
In addition to the meal plan being dumb, my cousin told me that when he was there (7 years ago), if you don't use up all your meal points theres only 1 place you can use them at the end of the quarter to buy overpriced random stuff like lava lamps.

Is this still true vq? and do you know anything about food at Marshall?

Oh one more thing...do they allow George Foreman grills in the dorms? I assume they would but my Dad said they might not for some reason. I'm planning on getting the one from Amazon that El D mentioned in another thread if that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ur cousin is correct, extra meal points can be used to be crap that u dont need.

Ocean View Terrace (OVT) is the Marshall dining center. Each college has its own.
I think it has the best food out of all the colleges and it is also opened the latest which is reallllllllly nice when everyone is just up late [censored] around. If u want the dinner special get there before 8pm, becuase it will run out. Breakfast burritos (u will get tired of them but they are good for a while) sttart at 9pm. You will hate OVT by ur second year.

My roomate first year had a george foreman grill and it was cool. If need be just hide it.

Dont bother buying silverware and plates. Just take them home from the dining halls.

Bring sandals for the showers unless ur in the apartments, in which case those are newer and cleaner.

The girls are generally ugly.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:37 AM

Mean plans are the biggest scams ever. The solution is to go off meal plan as soon as you're allowed.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mean plans are the biggest scams ever. The solution is to go off meal plan as soon as you're allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 PM

HAHAHAHA, I went to UCSD...10 years ago?

DOn't worry...your meal points are redeemable for stupid stuff at that warren place...god i forget whats its called. anyways, at warren there's a place tahts like open till 2am and they offer a lot of stuff for your remaining meal points.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:51 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Damn, all of you guys are screwed. I get unlimited eating from 7:30-7:30 every day and 10:30-11:30 every night. The only restriction is that I can't go in more than 14 times a day.

All covered by scholarship [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, all of you guys are screwed. I get unlimited eating from 7:30-7:30 every day and 10:30-11:30 every night. The only restriction is that I can't go in more than 14 times a day.

All covered by scholarship [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds pretty sweet but the main reason I'm pissed about the meal plan is that I'm getting used to cooking for myself and eating tasty and reasonably healthy food, which will be pretty much impossible to find at the cafeterias.

And yeah, I heard george foreman grills are allowed and a great idea. I def. plan to buddy up with someone with a rice cooker, george foreman grill, etc. etc.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:47 PM

Our min is like 400 for the year for students living off campus, 3000 for freshman, and 2600 for others living on campus (something in that area). I don't get the point of it, other than for the university to make more money. *shrugs*
Old 08-09-2006, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM

meal plans suck everywhere
Old 08-09-2006, 05:40 PM

They are needed so those coddled mama's boys don't get scurvy when they leave home. It's a sad sight, I've seen it happen.