Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 PM

Default How\'s my play?

Ok, what do you think of my play here?

I am in the SB w/KQclubs.

Preflop: With 5 players already in, I 3 bet KQs in the small blind. 7 way cap to flop.

28 small bets
Flop: K67 rainbow

My goal is to get people out, pressure hands like 6X, and 7X, out by facing 2 bets and the threat of more. KQ is certainly not winning 7 handed. Bet/3bet seems more effective than trying to checkraise a late position player. I'm not necessarily convinced I'm ahead, but I want to maximize my chances of winning the large pot by putting my money in on the flop, knocking people out, clean up some outs, and reevaluate on the turn.

3 players- 18.5 big bets

Turn is A, 2nd club on board:

I don't like the A, although I have the nut flush draw. I check call, with the plan to bet the river if a K,Q or club falls.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Re: How\'s my play?

your play was standard.

That is why we all thought that there was a good chance you had KQ
Old 08-08-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: $20/$40 Foxwoods- who folds this in a 22 BB pot?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's a horrible fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was terrible, but a couple of players agreed with the fold, saying I had to have KK or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it Nick M. making another one of his "Big Folds"? As everyone else said that is an horrific fold. Anybody there that agreed with the fold is nuts. After the turn action you almost never have a FH on the river.

You can PM me on who these folders are if you like. I'll be down there Tues-Fri and I can tell them personally they're nuts.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can PM me on who these folders are if you like. I'll be down there Tues-Fri and I can tell them personally they're nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the [censored] would you want to do that?!?!?!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 PM

I pretty much would not 3 bet anything in the blinds accept qq kk aa and sometimes ak when im gonna play it like aces. as far as the hand played out turn you were drawing to the nut flush tripped up on the river. As far as fh 6;s full, He is nutz describe the player you are talking about.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much would not 3 bet anything in the blinds accept qq kk aa and sometimes ak when im gonna play it like aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too tight. 3 betting KQs with so many limpers/cold callers in the pot is solid.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:08 PM

Did he actually show the 66 before mucking? Foxwoods players love to lie about their hands. I remember playing $20 $40 there numerous times and offering the chronic liars $100 or $200 to turn over hands they claimed to have on the river. Everytime they gave me a blank stare and as the entire table was watching carefully mucked their cards so they didn't turn over.

If he really did have 66, how can he be well respected? He should have won a 25.5 BB pot rather than losing a 22 BB one.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:10 PM

I agree I think the people if they knew WTF they was doing and called 3 cold better have a pair looking to hit a set, or AK, AQ Suited or QQ<KK<AA. I honestly think you going to get nailed 3 betting KQ suited in small blind, combination of ok cards and bad position and everyone is usually calling raises makes an extremely loose table, so remember you always make the most money doing the opposite of the table, they go loose you go super tight, they go tight to weak passive you go agressive.

"Mr Pittsburgh" EZE
Foxwoods Player ( 10/20, 20/40 2-5 5-10NL)
Old 08-09-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think you going to get nailed 3 betting KQ suited in small blind, combination of ok cards and bad position and everyone is usually calling raises makes an extremely loose table

[/ QUOTE ]

The loose table is exactly why you would 3-bet here. KQs has a big equity edge over the random hands you'll see being limped in a live 20/40 game. If you don't raise, you're letting the bad players keep too much of their money.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the worst folds in a middle-limit game I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see it but if I did I would have to agree...

This fold is TERRIBLE. He didn't even raise he just bet like a donkey. Its a bad play if he does have the boat. The most amazing move if he doesn't...

Which leads to the question... Is this a BRAG post???

JT