Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Final table, KK UTG raises and is re-raised allin ...

[ QUOTE ]
If you think there's a way you can fold this, you're not going to see many more final tables. . . . .

I don't really understand your "need" to find out how to fold this. The dude turned over 22 and got lucky. Deep down, in places people don't like to talk about at parties, You want this situation, you need this situation!

You want answers? You want the truth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke?

The only thing I can say is you raised 3.5xBB without regard to the stack sizes. Open push, miniraise, or limp.

Also, villain's play is a little strange, but he maybe thought he could get you to fold to the other big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the 3.5xBB raise so much as a trap against complete donks, but this was obviously not the OP's intention, so yea, it's bad.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:22 PM

Well folding is a crime and you obvoiusly want to be legal so hero calls.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you can imagine, I took a bad beat. I call and he has 22 and flops a set. But why I posted this is because this is the second time I've destroyed my chip stack near the money when I get into a big pot with another big stack.

I'm currently running an independent chip model to see what my EV is of calling vs folding (I'll post the results when it's done). But in the meantime, I'm starting to think that folding is the correct play, no matter what he has. If one of the short stacks (ie, <24K) goes allin, I'm calling, because if I lose I'll still have enough chips to do something. He was the only person I didn't want to get involved with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

IF you dont want to enter a pot as an 80% favourite, then you must stop play. Doubling up here would be huge since you (if you can handle it) would be able to run over the table with your mega stack.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:36 PM

After I read this post I tried to find a picture of someone with a shotgun in his mouth but a google search only revealed people smoking blunts
Old 08-07-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As you can imagine, I took a bad beat. I call and he has 22 and flops a set. But why I posted this is because this is the second time I've destroyed my chip stack near the money when I get into a big pot with another big stack.

I'm currently running an independent chip model to see what my EV is of calling vs folding (I'll post the results when it's done). But in the meantime, I'm starting to think that folding is the correct play, no matter what he has. If one of the short stacks (ie, <24K) goes allin, I'm calling, because if I lose I'll still have enough chips to do something. He was the only person I didn't want to get involved with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

IF you dont want to enter a pot as an 80% favourite, then you must stop play. Doubling up here would be huge since you (if you can handle it) would be able to run over the table with your mega stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is so absurd because it's not even like Hero has $200,000, Villain has $180,000, and everyone else has $20,000 with the same blinds. Everybody is short-stacked including Hero.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This thread is so absurd because it's not even like Hero has $200,000, Villain has $180,000, and everyone else has $20,000 with the same blinds. Everybody is short-stacked including Hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have stopped with "this post is so absurd". You neglected 625 reasons when you just mentioned the short-stackedness of the table.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:25 PM

Although I don't like the size of your initial raise, I don't see why this is a question. You had better than a 4 to 1 chance to be completely destroying this tournament when you were called. If he has AA, then that's poker.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Ya, I kind of expected this. I guess this should be in the bad-beat forum. But, if anyone is interested, here is the ICM of the situation.

Stacks=41,33,24,24,24,24,24,24,15,7 (pre-raise)
Payout=0.35,0.25,0.15,0.11,0.08,0.06

Fold = 11.0% equity
Win = 21.5% equity
Lose = 4.2% equity

So if I'm 3:1 (ie, he has an Ace), then my totally equity for calling is 17.2%, which is a clear call.

Thanks, seke2, I'll read your post.