Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Fantasy Football - who to keep?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to hear any reason at all that Fitz voters are nuts.

This is a keeper league, the young guys have way more value, and Fitz is a 22 year old WR that was already a Top 5 WR LAST SEASON.

I say Fitzgerald is your guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. edge
2. edge
3. edge
4. boldin is healthy
5. no o-line
6. edge

[/ QUOTE ]

What does Edge matter if they have no o-line? Besides, that is your only reason. They have no O-Line last year and Fitz did well. Also, when Boldin was healthy, Fitz did well.

Weeks 11-17 Boldin had at least 8 catches every game...
Fitzgerald's stats those weeks included 5 TD. Fitzgerald actually had 2 weak performances when Boldin wasn't healthy too...So it is hard to say Boldin being there factors in either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

edge will take a lot more touches than arrington and shipp did

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think Edge will help Fitz, not hurt him. Teams will now have to respect the run at least a little. Last year, every defense played nothing but pass and he still had a fantastic year... 3rd highest fantasy WR behind Smith & S. Moss.

[/ QUOTE ]

realize though that fitz's immense value came from a large number of tds, and that's less likely with both a better rb and to a lesser extent, pope coming in at TE. I agree that I would hate gameplanning against that offense, but I'm not sure that he's going to live up to #3 wr in the game expectations, and he MUST do so to be kept in your spot.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to hear any reason at all that Fitz voters are nuts.

This is a keeper league, the young guys have way more value, and Fitz is a 22 year old WR that was already a Top 5 WR LAST SEASON.

I say Fitzgerald is your guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. edge
2. edge
3. edge
4. boldin is healthy
5. no o-line
6. edge

[/ QUOTE ]

What does Edge matter if they have no o-line? Besides, that is your only reason. They have no O-Line last year and Fitz did well. Also, when Boldin was healthy, Fitz did well.

Weeks 11-17 Boldin had at least 8 catches every game...
Fitzgerald's stats those weeks included 5 TD. Fitzgerald actually had 2 weak performances when Boldin wasn't healthy too...So it is hard to say Boldin being there factors in either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

edge will take a lot more touches than arrington and shipp did

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think Edge will help Fitz, not hurt him. Teams will now have to respect the run at least a little. Last year, every defense played nothing but pass and he still had a fantastic year... 3rd highest fantasy WR behind Smith & S. Moss.

[/ QUOTE ]

realize though that fitz's immense value came from a large number of tds, and that's less likely with both a better rb and to a lesser extent, pope coming in at TE. I agree that I would hate gameplanning against that offense, but I'm not sure that he's going to live up to #3 wr in the game expectations, and he MUST do so to be kept in your spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not sure if I'm keeping him, but the fact is that Edge only helped the Colts passing game, not hurt it. In fact, I'm not sure Manning & his receivers will be nearly as effective without him. I don't know much about their new RB.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 AM

Manning and the Colts as a team will be less effective.

That said, their passing game shoudl still be strong. As far as I've read Rhodes and Addai can both block very well..and that is enough to keep Manning off his back (which means he will be just fine passing).

If anyone benefits the most from Edge leaving town, it is probably Stokely or Clark.