Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: The Latest Fuji News (Following Level 8 on Day 2: 2:15PM)

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I would probably see a flop, spike a set & double-through the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

with a higher pair i might have seen a flop as well, but 55 isnt that great and finding ways to win with the worst hand is a good poker skill to have! plus it can suckout more against the calling ranges of the other players.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: The Official Fuji @ the ME Thread

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i read kanji at a first grade level. sorry buzz. also, according to bottomset's nintendo DS game my "brain age" is in the 60s. thanks poker!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Great Job Fuji - I hope you run goot so we'll see you in Vegas!!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So close... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Still getting to that point is a good show. Run better in a few spots and you never know. On Thursday I was hurting (suprise) and my phone died mid-conversation. Ugh what a [censored] day.

Craps: - $1300
WPT all-in HE: + $600
Poker: None [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Had a great time though. Just wish I planned it out better and can't wait till next time!

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

really good meeting you gerber. i think with 140k chips i go a lot further than with the 70k stack that it is totally worth busting out half the time. it was just sick that the dealer had to give me a fat draw on the flop, bring the deal maker on the turn, then the deal breaker on the river. he could have just brought 7788T for a bunch of bricks but he really had to put me through the misery of seeing my hopes go through the celing then come crashing down all within the span of half a second.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:55 AM

This is from my colleague at work, who busted on Day 1B:

[ QUOTE ]
I drove out to Vegas the morning that I was suppose to play, in retrospect, a big mistake. I was tired when play began at noon, you can only imagine what I was like at 2 AM. I was a little concerned going in because I had not played live poker in over 2 years. In the beginning I was a little rusty, but after picking up a few pots I adjusted quickly and cannot complain about my decisions on the day. When play started, I looked around about 6 tables in all directions and did not see 1 face that I recognized. I felt this was a great sign since I would have recognized any of the 350 top players in the world.

My goal was to get out of the first day with about $25,000 in chips. This would be just above the average with 6,000 players gone and 3,000 remaining. The levels were going to be 2 hours in length, with a 20 minute break after each level. Play would not conclude until about 3 AM. After level 1 I had $12,500 in chips (started at 10k). After level 2, $19,000. After level 3, $19,200. Level 4, $19,400. Level 5, $21,600. Level 6 would be the last of the day. After an hour I had 21k in the small blind (blinds were 200-400 with a $50 ante). Someone from middle position made it 2k to go and the button went all-in for $17,000. I looked down at pocket kings. There was a strong possibility that my opponent held 6 probable hands and I was beating all but 1 of them and dominated more than a few of them. I put all of my chips in with a chance to end up in the top 15% of chip stacks at the end of day 1. The original raiser laid down 2 jacks. The button flipped over A-Q off suit. Going to the flop I was better than a 5-1 favorite (player on my left informed us he had thrown an ace away). Flop came J-8-4 rainbow. I was now a 11-1 favorite with 2 cards to come. One of the 2 remaining aces showed up on the turn and it was like I had been kicked in the stomach, with no king on the river my stack had been crippled. I was devastated and tired, but with just over $4,000 left in chips I was determined to try and double up once or twice to make it out of the first day.

3 hands later I was dealt A-K on the button. The pot was opened and called 3 times before it came to me, an easy decision as I pushed my remaining chips in. The small blind came over the top of me for his last 12k in chips. Everyone folded and he turned over K-K. I was a big dog going to the flop and flopped A-8-2. I was now a huge favorite to get back to the 10k chips I started the day with. When a 6 came on the turn I was about a 44-1 favorite (only 1 card beat me --- case king) and was sent packing when the case king popped up on the river. I was bitterly disappointed at the way this day concluded. I felt like I played very well and I know that the key for me is not that I have to get very lucky, I just cannot get unlucky which is exactly what happened. I will now have to wait another year I and sure it will take almost that long before I get this dreadful taste out my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i read kanji at a first grade level. sorry buzz. also, according to bottomset's nintendo DS game my "brain age" is in the 60s. thanks poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

i just plugged it into babel. It says, "We're rooting for you Fuji. Good luck!" meh
Old 08-06-2006, 12:57 AM

sweet avatar
Old 08-06-2006, 03:03 AM

damn im in india right now, and totally missed all the action. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

had fun reading thru all the posts though, hell of a run fuji.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sweet avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

a bit smushed but i like how it looks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM

Grats on a good showing.